Sorry I was away... our youngest son Mike, (18) woke up Thursday with a severe headache, then started running a fever. I dosed him with Tylo*nol and got Gater*ade. Thursday night, he was over 103, and shaking, so we went to the er. After spending 4 hours there, he was checked over, no bloodwork done, but doctor thought it was a severe sinus infection. Friday morning, he was hot again, we also were told to alternate Mot*rin with the Tylo*nol, and take the amoxicillian we were scripted for.
Friday night, about 8, his fever spike to over 105!! Off again to the er with his girlfriend Amy, hubby and I. We are a good foursome!! I was so worried, he was shaking, could barely walk, felt like he was going to pass out. Hubby and Amy parked the car, after dropping Mike and I off in front of the ER. Now, Mike is 6ft, and if he passed out on me, I would never be able to hold him up!! Thankfully, when we walked through the sliding doors, we were immediately asked what was wrong. When I told the nurse how high his fever was, she took one look at him, and immediately brought him in the back. I stayed, did the registering and paid the deductable, again! and went in. Last night was almost 6 hours in there! Needless to say, I called off work, as we got home almost 4 am. Last night, they inserted an iv, did bloodwork, chest x-rays, checked for meningitis, thankfully, they decided (after drawing blood the second time because they "lost" the first draw, they finally decided severe, severe, sinus infection, and a virus.
They did a quick drip iv, cold compresses, took off his shoes and socks, and didn't cover with a blanket to get the temp down. I sponged him with cool water when they finally put us in a room. Please keep Mike in your prayers that he recovers from this quickly. Thank you my friends.
I am SO exhausted today. This morning, I had to run for more Gator*ade, tissues, ginger ale, crackers, more Motr*in and Tylen*ol, noodles, because he wanted my chicken noodle soup. I always have broth frozen, so I just needed a few things to make it up for him. Anyway, that done, as I said, I was a zombie, and I called off work. Oh well, if they don't like it, my family comes first.
I cleaned up a bit here, cleaned his room good and washed his sheets so everything would be fresh. In between, I would just about pass out from exhaustion, so in the ac I went in my bedroom, and napped. I am still feeling worn out, I took a warm bath, and I am going to head off to bed shortly. Hubby is exhausted too, and he also worked today. I would never have been able to work, I don't know how he did. I was so worried about the fever spiking high like that again. Mike, was never one to run high fevers when he was younger, so this is scary having 105 temp as an adult.
Well, I am off to relax, I guess I talked medical stuff enough!
4 comments:
Hi Kathy,
I pray that Mike has a quick recovery. I honestly wish that I could take away the worry from other parents when their children are not feeling well. Nothing else matters in this world when your child is sick. I try to give my worry up to God, but I fail. I literally make myself sick from worry. I have stayed up night after night, day after day caring and tending and watching over my daughter and grandchilden when they are sick.
I hope you and your family got some rest and again my prayer go to Mike for a speedy recovery.
Hugs, Liz
Hi Kathy, We will be keeping Mike and you and your loved ones in our prayers. It must have been so worrying for you all. We wish Mike a swift and sure recovery. May he get stronger every day, bless his heart. You all take good care and get plenty of rest too. lots of love
Verena-Maria & Paul xxx
I'm so sorry Kathy! a year a so ago my Daughter went through something similar, high fever,chills, shaking...it's enough to scare a parent to death! hers was easy to diagnose, it was a kiney infection that apparently came on suddenly! so I know what you went through..I hope Mike has a speedy recovery, and my prayers are with you, and don't worry about work, because it comes in second to family! have a nice restful day! (((Big Hugs)))
Kathy. So sorry to hear about Mike. Is he doing better! 105 is so, so high for an adult! Hope you were able to get some rest. Take care, my friend and I am praying.
Post a Comment