We are having a wonderful time!! I wanted to update last night, but the service in our Bed and Breakfast kept going down, so it was impossible. We also had trouble this morning with our digital cameras, and ending up losing all the pics we took in The Breakers Mansion. Oh well, can't be helped, no sense brooding over it. But they were great pics!
Anyway, we arrived here about 1pm yesterday (Monday), after getting a bit lost following the Mapquest directions we used. I wanted to get our son Chris's gps, but I forgot to ask him before we left. Our suite is lovely, it has a separate sitting room, with a darling table and chairs, a loveseat, small refrigerator, a snack table that holds the coffeepot, wine glasses, etc. Our room is fantastic, an antique 4-poster queen bed, that is so sumptuous, and so comfy!! It looks just like the pics a few posts down that I did.
I am going to try to put in a few pics we were able to take at The Elms.
This was amazing to see, its' a huge circular driveway, the top covered with wisteria, to block any merchants from being viewed by guests while they were at The Elms. The idea was to keep the appearance of a mid-century French chateau, and of course, no modern delivery people were accepted!! It's just beautiful here!
More to follow, just wanted to see if I could get this post in here.



2 comments:
So glad you're having a great time at Newport. Your suite sounds lovely. I love bed and breakfasts! I'm so sorry you lost the photos you took. Anyway, have a wonderful, restful time! Hugs
Hi Kathy,
I'm catching up on all your entries. Didn't know you were posting from Newport but soooooo glad you did! Love all these piccies! Your smiley face tells me you're just loving it. Off to read your next entry. Hugz!!
Post a Comment