We have been having a nice quiet day today. Breakfast at home, then oldest son Chris called, he was off, wanted to know if we had eaten. We told him to come over, and hubby and I made breakfast for him together. Chris stayed a while, and we were looking through old family pictures. He left, and then 10 minutes later, youngest son Mike showed up with his girlfriend Amy. They had just gone for breakfast. They saw the pictures out, and Amy wanted to see pics of Mike when he was little! LOL
This afternoon, we did the dreaded task of grocery shopping! It is amazing how much the bill goes up each week! After getting home and unloading everything, we took a ride to the woods...picking up dead trees, to burn for our fire pit. Hubby cut them to size, and I loaded them in the trunk of his car. Tonight we are going to do S'mores on the pit, and roast corn in the grill. I made a garlic/parsley butter and have everything ready for when it gets dark.
We just did dinner. Sandy, our middle son, helped hubby Sac with the grilling, and I made homemade french fries, and a tossed salad. I called Chris, but he was going to a meeting. He and his girlfriend will be over tonight to join us around the firepit.
I was tagged by Connie, Toni, Melanie, Judy, and Nancze. First of all, here are the rules:
Six Random Facts
First I have to post the rules….
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Write 6 random things about yourself.
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged, leave a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
I am not going to tag anyone, everyone I know has already been tagged.
- I have always lived in NE Pennsylvania!
- I am severely allergic to shellfish.
- I can't wait to be a grandmother, only the Lord knows when or if this will happen!!
- I hate amusement park rides... I get deathly ill.
- I love crafts, and LOVE to knit.
- I love to cook and bake.
My 5 things I am grateful for today:
- knowing Jesus is my savior
- our firepit
- sitting here while I am typing and listening to Sac play the organ
- having Sunday's off from work
- having my family together
Mike and Amy rented National Treasure2, and we are going to watch it now. I love Nicolas Cage!
5 comments:
Hi Kathy Thanks for visiting - I am hoping to post once a week from now on. Yes isn't the price of food getting frightening! I love the sound of your fire pit - but have no idea what smores are - I think I need to find out, I am intrigued :) Have a good week xxx
Hi, Kathy, Enjoyed your random facts. I understand that Pennsylvania is a lovely state. Your fire pit sounds just wonderful. Must be really nice in the crisp autumn air! Have a great week!
It sounds like a nice weekend!! Have a great week!! ((BIG HUGS))!!
Hi Kathy! Sounds like you had a wonderful Sunday! I love days like that - where you just get to relax, enjoy good food & family, & then settle in to watch something together. I'm glad you got this time.
You will be a wonderful grandparent! I know this - you will feed him/her well! :-) I can't ride 'big' rides at an amusement park either - I will get SO ill - I get motion sickness bad. Couldn't even swing or do the merry-go-round as a child! Hugs!
Kathy...just realized I typed in the wrong url - left off an 's'. Sorry!
Post a Comment