Sunday, August 10, 2008

Thunderstorms!

wd-sunday[4] 

Looking out the window right now, you would never think that about 30 minutes ago, horrendous thunderstorms passed through, with heavy lightening, and 1/2 inch hail!!  

 

We need to go out in a bit and dry off everything.  We are having our sons, their girlfriends, and friends F & E over for a cookout.  I am making my corn on the grill again, it was a big hit the other night.  I am also making grilled zucchini, eggplant, etc, and we are doing a lemon/lime marinated chicken.  Thankfully the sun is out and the storm is over. 

 

I picked up some day of the week graphics at TSOH Graphics!  She has some great graphics, and some great linkware signs, etc.  I will also put a link to her in my sidebar.

Off to wipe down the chairs and tables.  More later....

 

UPDATE:  Another thunderstorm blew in, and I thought we were going to have to cook everything inside.  But after 15 minutes, the storm blew over, the rain stopped and the sun came out strong again and pretty much dried everything up.  I just had to wipe down the tables and chairs again, and we were all set.

The food was delish, and then afterwards, we all wanted ice cream, so we all piled into 2 cars, and drove to a local dairy farm near us where they make their own ice cream...heavenly!!

When we got back, I put on the coffee, and Sac got the firepit going again, and we just came in now from sitting around it, chatting away and having a good old time!

Here are my 5 things I am grateful for:

  • clean, sweet smelling sheets
  • fresh, cold water
  • ice cream
  • being able to laugh at myself
  • vacation coming up soon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy!! The cookout sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you all had a nice visit. Have a nice week. ((BIG HUGS))!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! Checking in on you since I hadn't heard from you in awhile - just wanted to be sure you were okay, & you are, so good! :-) Your weekend sounded great - the cookout made me so hungry! I'm glad you had fun & got to spend time with friends. Have a blessed week. Hugs!

Melanie said...

Hi, Kathy!
Glad you were able to have your cookout in spite of the rain storms. Your dinner sounded very good. You make me hungry! Take care.