Thursday, August 07, 2008

Thursday and I am OFF!

Off from work that is!!   Can you see me smiling!

 

I am off to meet my girlfriend for breakfast in about 5 minutes.  I just wanted to get a quick post in here, so you didn't think I have quit posting.

 

It's dark and cloudy out, rain is forecasted again.  It's ok with me, because after breakfast, I am returning home, cleaning and then relaxing.  I am cooking an easy dinner tonight...ham steaks on the grill, grilled corn on the cob, and grilled potatoes in foil.  Easy.

 

Look what Judy made me!!!  Thank you Judy, I love my linkie!!   I have it  in my sidebar, but Blogger doesn't let the animation show.  I am using Windows Live Writer to  publish my journal, which is fabulous, and the animation always shows for it.

Right click if you would like to save it to your blog.

                                 Myheartandhomelinkie

 

I will be back later to update!

 

UPDATE:  Hello again, it's a bit after 10pm.  Hubby and I just came in from sitting at the firepit, and enjoying our coffee.  I do love sitting out there at night, and I am noticing the fireflies are coming back.  We haven't seen them in a while

I am going to do my 5 things I am grateful for, then head off, hubby and I are going to watch The Bucket List.

 

Five things I am grateful for today:

  • the sound of crickets
  • my hubby
  • our neighbor, gifting us with his grill, which is coming in handy because ours is on it's last legs!!
  • that I learned to knit
  • my cozy, soft bed

Ok, night all, I am off to movieland with hubby!

8 comments:

Judy said...

Goodmorning, Kathy! happy day off from work!

I didn't know you could use windows live writer to publish...hmmm

have a nice restful day and evening! Big Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thursday Kathy;

Looks like you have a great day and dinner planned. Save some for me... LOL I love your cute little blinkie. Have a lovely day my friend. ~Hugs~

Melanie said...

Hi, Kathy, Your blinkie is so cute. I should check out Live Writer. It looks like it gives you a lot more versatility. Hope you had a nice lunch. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Yay Kathy!! Enjoy your day off and your dinner sounds wonderful!!
Your linkie is very pretty!! Have a nice day!! ((BIg HUGS))!!

Claudia said...

Hi Kathy, I'm using Live Writer once in a while, it's fast and easy. Hope you had a nice day off, in spite of the rain. We saw a little sun today. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! So glad to find a new post. I hope you enjoyed your day off - rain or not. I posted about rain (or the lack of it), last night. It's still a no show! I'm so glad you like your linkie. I enjoyed making it for you. Sending you big, big hugs!!

~Sindee~ said...

Hi Kathy!
Sure could use some rain down here. There were a few showers around us, but we didn't get a drop at our house. Thankfully, the temperature has gone down!
Thanks for the congrats on my job. I am really excited and looking forward to "going back to school!" lol
((Hugs))

Anonymous said...

Ciao Kathy, so beautiful in here, love the graphics you used! :) I'm so trilled today coz I should be back on line really soon! YAY! Just keeping my fingers crossed. Plus, on the 16th hubby & I are going to Italy for 2 weeks vacation, YAY! ;) Big hugs from cloudy Scotland.