This morning, hubby went over to help his buddy tile his blacksplash in the kitchen. Mike, his girl Amy, and son Sandy wanted French Toast for breakfast. Mike and Amy ran to the store for Italian bread for me, and I made them my French Toast. Mind you, I hate it myself, lol, but I do make a wicked good French Toast, if I say so myself.
Hubby and his buddy are running to Lowe's for more supplies, and then then will be back here working on my bathroom/laundry room. Today they will tie in the water supply to the shower, and then put up some special board that goes in the shower area. Things are progressing, and I can't wait till we show signs of Mike's new bedroom downstairs being built.
I have just vegged most of today, and now the Yankee/Rays game is on, and I am watching that. Giambi just hit a 2 run home run, making the score 6 - 3 Yankees!!
I changed out my graphics here, and also my header. I wish I could figure out how to add the title to the right, but this is fine, and I like how it turned out. Ah, Fall is my favorite time of the year!!
1. While driving home from a ride in the countryside, you happen to spot a large victorian type old-fashioned general store at the end of a side road. Thinking it might be nice to buy something to take home, you drive up the long driveway and can't help noticing I am the only one there?.
2. Parking the car anyway, you walk up the steps to a big front porch that wraps around the building. Upon reaching the door you enter, to find the most delightful shop, full of treasures!
3. Once inside the store you wander around and up the four floors and can't help but notice you are the only one there except for a friendly lady, who makes my visit perfect by informing me of the history of the house, where she has lived since she was born. All of the treasures for sale, have been there forever, and she delight in telling the history of each item I touch!!
4. Finally leaving the general store, you remember to remind yourself that I would have missed so much if I had decided to not go in!!


9 comments:
Hi Kathy! My son 'loves' french toast - he'd eat it everyday! Too filling for me.
Hope you post pics of your progress - I bet Mike excited to have a new room.
I love 'veg out' days, but rarely get one with the kids. I go, go, go it seems. Even now, I am at my desk chair, & BOTH of them stuck right beside me in the chair!
Have a wonderful week Kathy. Enjoy the days off. Hugs!
Hi Kathy, I love this set... Country Patch Collections is classic! Glad you had a nice day of rest, we all need that once in a while. Have a wonderful Monday. lotsa hugs
I love your new graphics! It gives it such a warm look. Sounds like things are progressing well around the house. I love french toast! I never thought of making it with Italian bread though. Hope you're having a great day! Hugs
Hi Kathy,
Are you enjoying your time off from work? Bet you are! Sounds like things are progressing really fast with the remodel. That's great!
Since reading your blog all I can think about is french toast! Got any leftovers? Send them my way, ok? Have a fun day! Hugz!!
Hi Kathy,
I like french toast, but rarely make it for me. I can't wait to see how the laundry room/bathroom are progressing. It would be nice to have a new washer and dryer.
Your fall graphics are really cute. I also love the autumn time.
I hope you are enjoying your time from work.
Have a wonderful Tuesday.
Hugs
Oops! It's me again. I commented under blogger rather than wordpress.
Hello Kathy, how nice to make French toasts, I love them & haven't had any for years. I love your answers to Saturday Special. I hope your week is starting well, hugs
Yummy, pizza night! :) I'd love to have a slice of pizza, right now! But here it's not good at all. In the USA it was quite good, even if not like Italian Piazza. I liked the one from Pizza Hut. I will try to post a few pics of the house this evening. I am trying to make a new layout for them, but it's not coming out very nice *blus* will have to wait for Zeno. You really make your own wine? How cool, sooooooo Italian! :) Hugs!
HI Kathy, hope you are having a good start to the new week. I know your anxious to get the remodeling done. It's such a pain when going on, but so worth it when it's done. lol. Sending you lots of love and ~hugs~ ps. loved your S.S.
Post a Comment