Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Chicken!

wd-sunday[4]   That's right!  Amy made dinner again today... Roasted lemon-rosemary chicken, the most creamy, delicious mashed potatoes, and corn!  She marinated the chickens overnight in a brine solution, and let me tell you, they were the most moist delicious chicken I have ever eaten!  The best!!   I made a pear crisp for dessert, we had a wonderful Sunday dinner!  Thank you Amy!!!

Work is progressing on the downstairs.  The walls are framed for Mike's new room.  The downstairs door has been taken out, and framed, and I am loving it!!  This spring, we will brick it closed, to match the brick out there now, so for right now, it is insulated, and then covered with plywood insert the size of the old door.  It's getting there!

Amy is picking out the paint colors for Mike's new  room, and I have picked out the color I want for the new bathroom, when it's time to paint in there.  We have to install the new sink and cabinet yet, and tile the floor.  Still there is lots of work to do to finish the bathroom/laundry room, but I am so impressed so far, it is looking gorgeous!!  We also still need to buy a new toilet, and we are getting a new front loading washer and dryer.  I am sooooo excited, each day it is looking better and better. 

Back to work tomorrow.  Pray that  Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday go quickly, I am SO not wanting to work tomorrow!!

My little nephew Liam turned 1 today!!  I can't believe it already!!  Happy Birthday Liam!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a pic of my Mike and Amy!  This was taken on our gazebo on Amy's birthday... she was opening her present, which you can't see because I cropped the picture!

 

I haven't done  Unconscious Mutterings in a while!!   Here we go!

 

  • Hearing ::   the sound of music
  • Aggression ::  anger
  • Charged ::   the battery
  • Traveler ::  woohoo, vacation!!!
  • Hydrate ::   drink my water
  • Detox ::   get off the addiction
  • Qualify ::   meet the criteria
  • Prison ::   work
  • Frontal ::  attack?
  • Pep talk ::  encourage

    Ok, time for me to relax and get ready for bed.  Night!!

     

                                     SunflowerAnnieKathy

  • 8 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Hi Kathy! Sounds like you are a very busy person. I bet you love it that everything is getting remodeled. Amy sounds like quite the cook. I would love for her to come and cook me some Fettucini,mmmmm yum sound wonderful. Loved the picture. Wish you didn't have to work tomorrow either.
    Talk to you soon!
    (((huggs)))

    LadyT said...

    Happy Monday dear Kathy;

    Your Amy sounds like she'll be the perfect DIL. I think that's wonderful! They make a cute couple.

    I hope the Dodgers get to the World Series just so the Steinbrenners boys can see what they let go. I'm also glad the Mets didn't make the post season for what they did to Willie Randolph. I didn't think I would care but I guess I do. LOL!! I'm so glad Musinna won his 20th. Oh well, no more baseball until next year for me.

    Have a great day my friend. ~Hugs~

    Melanie said...

    Hi, Kathy. The remodeling sounds like it's coming along nicely. And it sounds like it will be so lovely when it's done. I'd love a new front load washer! Hope you're having a great week and hope your next days off come quickly. I know the feeling! Hugs

    ~Pam~ said...

    Hi Kathy!
    That is nice pic of Mike and Amy, cute couple! :)
    Oh dear, the chicken sounds delicious! Yum!
    Have a wonderful week.
    ~love & hugs~

    Anonymous said...

    Ciao Kathy, I was surfing around the blog community and thought I would leave a note saying hi. Hope your day is going well. Greetings from Scotland. :)

    Anonymous said...

    Hi Kathy,
    Amy's chicken dinner sounds dee-lish! Mike and Amy are a cute couple! Glad you shared it with us.
    Your remodeling project is making great progress. It's going to be just beautiful for sure. So excited for you.
    Hope all goes well at work. Hugz!!

    Anonymous said...

    Hi Kathy,
    That is such a nice picture of Mike and Amy. The chicken sounds delish as does the meal.
    Your new rooms are coming right long. I bet you can't wait for it to be finished.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs

    Anonymous said...

    Hi Kathy,
    Just popping in this morning to say hi :) That is a great picture of Mike & Amy. Your dinne on Sunday sounded super yummy (but then again, anything sounds yummy to me right now... hehehe) I would also like to invite you over to join my Country Secret Santa - you can see more information about it in my post today :) Have a great day! Huggles