Thursday, September 18, 2008

So Sad...

wd-thursday[4]   yes, just today and tomorrow, then Saturday it's back to work for me!  At wits end  Seriously though, I do miss my team, so I guess that is a good sign!!

It's gotten definitely cooler today, and this afternoon and tonight there has been lots of wind again.  I was outside today weeding a bit, and I sure enjoyed the cooler breezes.  I am most definitely a Fall girl!!

It's time for us to pick our grapes for our wine-making.  We also ordered California grape juice, both white and red for making our wine.  It looks like I will start picking the grapes myself tomorrow morning.  With hubby involved in this remodel of the house... well, he has lots to do.  I will try to get all I can picked. And it should go quickly.  I will bring my camera out and try to get some nice shots.

The new shower is almost all tiled.  He has to finish the cement floor, then we can tile the floor of the shower.  Once that is grouted, we can apply the shiny finish stuff, wait for that to dry good... then the water can be turned on, and we can take the old shower out.  Once that is gone, the walls can go up, drywall can go up, and they will start making Mike's new bedroom downstairs.  I am so excited by all this... and best of all, we are also remodeling the kitchen, and we will get all new cabinets!  I would like white, but we shall see.  We may also knock down the wall of the sunroom, (which is what I wanted to do for years), and make it a big kitchen!  Woohoo!  Keep your fingers crossed! Day dreaming

                                        RaggedyPumpkinKathy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy, what wonderful plans you have for your home! I hope you are taking lots of pics. Make sure you take lots of pics tomorrow too. I'm sad for you, that your time at home is almost at an end, but it's great that you are missing your team. Have a wonderful evening. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Happy Friday Kathy; What wonderful remodeling plans you made for your home. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished projects in photos.

I remember picking grapes for my grandfather as a young girl so he could make his wine. He made a red wine and a champagne like white wine if I remember correctly. I also remember one year where some of the red wine bottles popped and boy was he angry. LOL!! Save me a glass. :)

Sunday night at 6:00 PM the YES network will be showing an hour and a half goodbye ceremony with loads of Yankee veterans before the last game played at the stadium. The game will be televised nationally on ESPN. It's going to be a sad night.

I'm sorry thast your vacation time is over. Have a lovely weekend anyway dear Kathy. ~Hugs~


















i

~Pam~ said...

Hi Kathy!
Popping in to say hello and wish you a wonderful weekend. :)
I think I fixed my blog. I eliminate a recent gadget that I had installed. See if it works ok for you now.

Lots of love
x0x0

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,
I would love to have my kitchen remodled. It is so outdated. I can imagine how exciting it is to see progress.
I remember my grandfather making wine. I don't know what happened to his wine press. I certainly would love to have it kept in my family.
Wishing you a wonderful day.
Hugs

Melanie said...

Hi, Kathy. Knocking down walls! How exciting! I would love to do that too but I think the landlord might object. Will you have all your remodeling down by Christmas? Hope you're having a great weekend. ((Hugs))

Anonymous said...

Let's see some renovation pictures soon :) I love to see what everyone does with their houses.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, I hope you are having a lovely time back at work. Vacations are always too short. I hope you'll post photos of your kitchen when it's started. Our kitchen is brand new so doesn't need to be redone :) Have a great week, big hugs

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy!
ohhh those grapes are making my mouth water. i can hardly take it. send me a bunch quick lol and that is really a cute picture of you. i'm sure you are enjoying the cooler weather. isn't fall a wonderful time of year? it just needs to last a lot longer.

your renovation plans sound really nice. and a lot of hard word too. i can't wait to see photos! you better show us, lol

it looks so pretty in here, and i love your siggy tags.

hope your having a wonderful week!

(((sweet huggs)))