Friday, October 17, 2008

Date Night!

wd-friday[4] Yes, it turned into date night for us.  Today is our friends anniversary, and we were going out to dinner with them.  Elaine wanted lobster, so we went to Red Lobster with them.  I am severely allergic to shellfish, I had chicken, but by the time we finished eating, I was starting to wheeze.  Hubby took advantage of the all you can eat shrimp special.  He had two servings of shrimp scampi, and he was in seventh heaven.

When dinner was over, we decided to go to the movies on the spur of the moment.  We ended up watching  "Beverly Hills Chihuahua".  It is a Disney movie, and it just was the cutest movie, we were laughing through the whole movie.  I like movies like that.  I am not a scary, vampire, or shoot 'em up movie watcher.

Back to work tomorrow for my Saturday day.  Hopefully it will be easier than the last few days.  And will go by quickly so I can get back home.

When my hubby got home from work today, he and Fred put up most of the ceiling grid in Mike's new room downstairs.  When he gets home tomorrow, they will finish putting the grid up so they can pop in the ceiling tiles in both Mike's room and the bathroom.  Then, the floor tile will go down, and then trim all the doors, and we can get the washer and dryer.  Please that it goes quickly and well, I am so lost without my machines!!

It's definitely gotten colder today.  I think our warmer October days are finished.  We have been lucky with the weather.  It will be time to close up the gazebo, finish trimming down and cleaning up the flower beds, all that fun stuff for winterizing.

Well, it's 10 pm, and I need to get some things ready for work tomorrow.  Hope your weekend is fun!

                                 Fallscene2Kathy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,
Hope you're having a good day at work. How sweet - a date night. Lucky you to go to Red Lobster. I love that place. Glad to hear you liked Beverly Hills Chihuahuas. We went last w/e and loved it.
Hope Mike's bedroom and your laundry room get done soon. Just can't live w/e our laundry machines, can we?
Hope you have a lovely w/e. Hugz!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Saturday Kathy;

You are truly blessed my friend. In the 36 years I was married, I never had a date night. LOL!! And now almost 13 years later, I still don't know what that's like.. All joking aside, I think it's wonderful to have a loving marriage.

Have a lovely weekend my friend. ~Hugs~

Jackie said...

Hi Kathy Sounds like you had a fun time with your friends - I would have joined you with the chicken as I don't eat seafood at all. I haven't heard of the BH chihuahuas but if it's as cute as the snow buddies I would have enjoyed it :) Sorry you have to work Saturdays - I hated it when I had to, there's something about a Saturday that a day off in the week doesn't quite match. I am so thankful now for a Monday - Friday job. Lots of love xxx

Melanie said...

Your date night sounded very nice. I've heard some very good things about that Disney movie. I probably wait until it comes out in DVD to see it though! Hope you're having a good Sunday. ((Hugs))

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, what a lovely night out. It's nice to know that Red Lobster has something else than shellfish. I didn't know that. I like funny movies too from time to time. I hope your Saturday at work went fast & that you're having a great Sunday. Hugs
PS Do you ever miss your job in your family restaurants?