Friday, October 03, 2008

Friday..over too quickly!

wd-friday[4]  Where today went, I couldn't tell you, but went it did!  In a flash!  And back to work tomorrow.  Thank goodness I am off on Sundays! 

And to add insult to injury.... my old dryer broke last night.  Hubby says he is NOT fixing it, NOT spending anymore money on parts for it, because when the bathroom is finished in a week or two, we are purchasing new washer and dryer set.  Okkkkkaaaayyyyy, but that leaves me in a mess for drying clothes.  So, this afternoon, I had to lug two loads over to my son Chris's to dry.  My sil just took a load over to her house to dry, and when the washer shuts off, I have a load of son Mike's clothes, and then will have another load of his things to dry, one going to sil, and one to Chris's, where I bring bring back the 2nd load from late this afternoon.  Grrrrrr!  Can I say I hate this.   I couldn't wash clothes because when they are working downstairs, the dryer throws off too much heat for them.  Hubby had to take the vented part out, because of putting up walls and everything, so right now, it is venting into the house temporarily.  What a big mess!   I can't wait till things start getting back to "normal".  At least where the laundry room is concerned.  I am not happy.  

The sheet rock will be going up in his room tomorrow, well, the start of the walls.  Hubby has to do another coat of spackling on the bathroom tomorrow.  I am praying this goes quickly.  I disliked remodeling when I was younger, and feel the same now.  I just hate this mess.

Ok, enough venting.  I know I will have beautiful rooms when this is over, so, enough venting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy;

I definitely know what it's like not having a dryer (and in my case a washer also) of my own. But you are going to love your new washer & dryer once it's there. Try not to get stressed out and just think about how wonderful everything will be when your home is back together again and looking good. :)

Have an easy work day and a great weekend. ~Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! So sorry that your dryer decided to 'die' early. I will never forget last year when our washer was waiting on parts, & it took 3 weeks to get them! You don't realize how much you take for granted till little things like that happen. Little things, that are 'big' things! On a positive note, just think of how very, very grateful you will be when you finally get one again. I hope all is done quickly for you - so hang in there.

What a cute couple Mike & Amy are! Wow - she is so young to be able to cook like she does! I hope he holds onto her!

Have a blessed weekend. Sending you big hugs!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kathy!! I am sorry about your dryer!! We need a new dishwasher, it decided to stop working a few months ago. Have a nice weekend sweetie. ((BIG HUGS))!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,
You can vent as much as you want to! You surely have a good reason. Lugging wet laundry is no fun! Just think how great it will be when the new ones arrive. Have you picked them out yet? Hope all went well for you at work today! Hugz!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy :)How fabulous that you're getting a new washer and dryer! I can understand your frustration, in the meantime. It'll all be worth it, so try to hang in there! :) hugs