I had mentioned that Thursday I made 10 pounds of gnocchi!!! Some have never heard of them... they are little potato pillows that you make and you can cover them with tomato sauce, a garlic butter sauce, oh so many ways to prepare them. I have to admit I make darn good gnocchi, but with my crew, hubby and 3 sons, it becomes monumental because they can EAT, as well as our friends Fred and Elaine, who also joined us! Mike's girlfriend Amy requested my gnocchi a while ago, so I made them. Amy made a huge pot of her spaghetti sauce and today I cooked up the gnocchi! Delicious!!!
It was funny, I was dropping in the gnocchi to the boiling water, spooning out the cooked ones as they rose to the top, and Amy was adding sauce. I was thinking to myself how well we work together, and I was just going to say that, when Amy said, "Don't we work good together, Smoompey Mom"? We both started laughing when I told her I was just going to say that!!
For dessert, I had a yellow box cake, so I decided to add a 15 oz can of pumpkin, 3 eggs, 2/3 cup of canola oil, 1 1/2 teasp cinnamon, 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice, a bit of vanilla, 1/2 cup of sugar to it! Spur of the moment, but it came out soooo good! We had that with whip cream, and our coffee. Yum!! Another great Sunday dinner!
Tonight I went with my friend Elaine to a rosary novena at her church. It was wonderful, such a inspirational choir, heavenly!! We had a candle lit rosary processional around the church, it really was so blessed. I hope I get out of work in time to attend tomorrow's service, tonight was the second night of a 9 day novena.
That's about it. I am heading off to do some reading and then bed for the night.

4 comments:
Hi Kathy! I'm getting a late start to my visits tonight, but determined to make it around. I just tried to leave a tag, but it didn't go through. :-( Your dinner sounded delicious! I have to admit, I have heard of gnocchi, but didn't know that it was. I hope you put your recipe on your blog. I think it's wonderful that you add some ingredients to the cake mix, & just go with it. My Mom used to do that all the time - she rarely used recipes, & she was an incredible cook. Have a wonderful week this week! Sending you big hugs!
Happy Monday Kathy;
I had to laugh when you called the gnocchi "potato pillows" as it brought back memories of when we were kids and helping my mother make the gnocchi we called them "thumb rollers" as we try to outdo each other to see how fast we could roll them with our thumbs. My mother used to get so angry but I could use both thumbs and flick them out in a second. LOL!!! Thanks for bringing back a memory long forgotten. The cake sounds delicious. Have a lovely day my friend. ~Hugs~
Yummy, I'm on my way! :) You have the gnocchi (one of my fave dish!) and I will take the pesto ;) LOL! Ah, I'd love to make gnocchi, but our new kitchen is too small. Have a happy Monday & week ahead, Kathy! Hugs!!!
Hi, Kathy. Your cake recipe sounds wonderful! I wrote it down. Just mix all the things together? How long do you bake it and at what temp? I may bake one to take to work as a treat for everyone. Your gnocchis sound so good. That sounds like something that a Polish friend made with stuffed peppers. Maybe it was the same thing! It was so very long ago. Your novena sounds very special. Hope you got the the next one. Take care and hugs.
Post a Comment