Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ah, Saturday Night!

ttfallsat It's 8:30, and I am home from work.  It was a rough day today, one reason is that I am not feeling well, and then we were very busy.  The people who called in were the nastiest that I have encountered in a while.  When I tell you, that even my supervisor was getting screaming, nutty people, you know it's a  bad day!  We all were at each other's throats today, taking out frustration on our team members!  Usually, I start some fun things on our team chat, but I was pretty quiet today, and in turn, our team was quiet, then cranky.

It's so cold today, we froze at work.  I was wrapped in two blankets!!  You would think I worked for Ebenezer Scrooge!  And... winter hasn't even arrived yet!

Tomorrow, Amy and I will go shopping for our Thanksgiving dinner ingredients!  I am planning on making soup as a first course.  We always have a hearty soup, with either cappelletti's, or what we call... squadrucci's.  Which is an egg pasta, that is cut into the tinest thin squares, and is SO good, and that is what we are are having this year!  I love soup!!  And we will have all the usual....turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, Amy is making her "Lean Mean Green Bean Supreme" casserole, we will have kielbasa, salad, all that stuff.  I am making 2 pumpkin pies, son Chris's girl Sara is making a cheesecake.  My sister- in- law Alfa, made the squadrucci's, and she is making crostada.... which is like a tart/pie dessert.  Lots of good food, wonderful family, and blessings!

The work on the family room remodel is coming along.  The back wall is almost built, the new studs are up, and they are working quickly now.  The worst part was getting Mike's room built, as well as the new bathroom/laundry room getting built.  The family room is going quick.  Right away we will be picking out the wood floor!!  Then... the big work begins....totally remodeling the kitchen.  It will be a major job, walls are coming down, and it is totally changing layout! 

Well, time to relax for the night! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodmorning, Kathy! your thanksgiving dinner sounds like it will be yummy! I had mine yesterday, as kids had so many other places to be at on Thursday! and I'm happy for you that your remodeling is coming along so nicely! stay warm and have a safe week ahead! XXXX

Melanie said...

Hi, Kathy! What time are you all eating on Thursday. I'll try not to be late! LOL. Have a lovely Thanksgiving Day! ((Hugs))

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy; I was just working on tomorrow's post and thought I'd make a few visits. SCrooge is right! Can they get away with making you work without heat?? I couldn't handle that. This past week the temps have been in the 20's and teens here. Now we have snow and sleet coming in tonight and tomorrow.

Your Thanksgiving meal sounds delicious. My mouth is watering just reading about it. LOL!!

I'm off to finish my post. Sweet dreams my friend. Syat warm and cozy. ~Hugs~

Melanie said...

Hi again, Kathy! Just wanted you to know I'm having a 100th post giveaway. Come on over and check it out! Happy Thanksgiving! ((Hugs))

Anonymous said...

Good morning, dear Kathy, hope you are feeling better now. Wish you and yours a blessed and happy Thanksgiving, tomorrow. Hugs & smiles your way!

Jackie said...

Hi Kathy I hope you're feeling better - gosh the icy conditions at work sound terrible. It must be very demotivating. I have the opposite problem as I work in an Old folks home it's always far too hot and I am always roasting :) Your Thanksgiving plans sound wonderful. I'm glad we don't have that to contend with, I am focusing on Christmas and if we had Thanksgiving in the mix I would never get things done in time. Your remodel sounds fabulous but I expect you will be pleased when it's all over and you can sit back and enjoy it all. Lots of love xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, sorry it was so cold at work, it sounds terrible. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, hugs