Friday, November 28, 2008

Enjoying Being Home...

ttxmasfriday  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We had a wonderful day, and even got to see my sister and bil, with baby Liam and my niece Fae!  A blessed, joyous day.  We had tons of food, desserts, and the day was so happy and blessed.  Amy came up early and helped me so much, how blessed we are that she is in our family! 

I know many people go out on "Black Friday", and just love to shop then.  But... working for many years on black friday, I really do enjoy staying home.  I would NEVER go out to shop on this day.  Staying home, catching up on my cleaning, getting everything back to normal after Thanksgiving, I just enjoy being home.

I can honestly say... I am sick of turkey already!  LOL  I will be taking some to work tomorrow for my lunch, and that will be it..  I am turkeyed out.  I had my fill of stuffing, cranberry, and the rest.  I need a few days of soup!!

As you can see, I changed to Christmas graphics.  My Paint Shop Pro will not work, so I can't design a banner.  Internet Explorer doesn't have a fix for it, so I guess I am stuck.

I am happy to see the Christmas movies are starting.  I do love this time of the year.  Watching the Christmas shows, cartoons even.  I sure wish they would put on Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol.  That was one of my favorites!   I will start Christmas shopping this week, and hope to get it all done quickly.

I have a baby shower on Sunday, from 2 to 4.  My friend on my team... it is her daughter's shower.  I forgot all about it today, so I will have to shop on the way home from work tomorrow for the gift.  I left the card in my desk at work, so I can't even remember where she is registered at.  Oh well!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good evening, dear Kathy! :) Love the Christmass-y look in here! :) I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. Send me some turky 'cos I did not have any in the past 10 years or so, LOL! ;) Big hugs from Scotland. Germ-free! (even if I'm still sick).

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,
Your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful. That was nice of Amy to help you out. She sounds like a wonderful person. I am glad you got to see you sister, bil and the children.
Your graphics and layout are very pretty.
Have a fantastic Sunday.
Hugs

Melanie said...

I love your Christmas graphics. The red background is so pretty. I only got a very small bit of turkey this Thanksgiving and it was some leftovers someone brought into work. I really wanted turkey too! So, I bought a small one yesterday and I'll cook it and then freeze a lot of it for other times. Hope you're having a lovely Sunday! Hugs

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday!! Have a nice week!! ((BIG HUGS))!!