After 3 months of this horrendous cough, and complaining to my doctor, today was the final straw at work! Coughing my fool head off, choking, trying to talk to the customers, it hit a head.
I called my family doctor, explaining that it is getting worse, the coughing is causing me to throw up because of the severe coughing, I needed something. He called in a steroid.... methylprednisolone. I got home from work, and called the pharmacy, to see what the dosage was. Turns out, that because I got home so late, I have to take 3 at one time, with food, and then 3 at bedtime. Then follow the dosage tomorrow, which, each succeeding day, there are less pills to take. Hopefully, this will work.
I sure don't know how I am going to get Christmas shopping in! With this remodeling going on, we haven't even gotten the decorations out. We usually have our tree up by the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
Ok, off to get ready for bed, take my pills and try to get some sleep before the coughing keeps me up all night again!
3 comments:
Hi Kathy, I still have my cough from the bronchitis I had last month. I know how maddening it can be. I am glad you got so meds. I hope you start to feel better soon.
I haven't started my Christmas shopping either. I just can't find the motivation. I don't know when the decorations will go up.
Take care and get well soon.
Hugs
Hi, Kathy, Glad you got some medicine from the doctor. The prednisone will give you energy like you can't believe! It should make you feel much better soon. ((hugs))
Hi Kathy;
You need to stay home and get some rest my friend. Working in cold conditions and breathing in remodeling dust isn't helping either. Hopefully I'm wrong on both accounts. Please take care of yourself dear Kathy. I'm praying you feel better soon. ~Hugs~
Post a Comment