Thursday, December 11, 2008

Despite the Nasty Weather...

ttxmasthursday we had a fun day.  Mike got home from his exams at 9am, so we picked up his girl Amy, and headed out for some heavy duty shopping.  All the kids are bought, and I got some wonderful things for them all!  Can mention it here, just in case! 

Then we headed to Lowe's, where I got the paint for the new family room.  Amy was my design expert and picked the color.... just perfect I love it!!  They are all downstairs painting.  I thought I would do a quick hello post right now, then update in a bit.

After Lowe's, we headed to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond, but changed our minds, and went to Olive Garden for lunch, once we got to Wilkes Barre.  I had the new Chicken and Gnocchi soup.. just delish!!.  Once lunch was out of the way, we headed to Bath and Body, and then to Christmas Tree Shops.  I got a wreath for the front door, since I can't get to our packed away Christmas decorations.

Oh, they are calling... back later!

 

Update:  Back for a bit!!  Amy and I ran to Lowe's to get parts they needed for the heating.  And....we got the parts we needed  ALL BY OURSELVES!!

Marge from Living Little, nominated me for Fabulous Blog Award!!  Thank you Marge, I am slow getting it up, but I finally made it!!  Here are the rules:

Fabulous_blog_award

The 'Fabulous' Award Rules:
1. You have to pass it on to 5 fabulous blogs.
2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions.
3. Make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them.
My 5 'fabulous addictions':

1. knitting

2. reading

3. vacations

4. candles

5. my blog

Passing this award on to :

1. Toni, from  My Letters From Home

2. Connie from Connie's Cogitations

3. Liz from Say Very Sweet Things

4. Judy from My Grateful Heart

5. Sandy from Carolina Moon

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! Oh I know what you mean about going out close to the day ... I try to do as much as I can online through November & take the first week or so of December in the stores to get what I need there. Gift cards are big for me, and easy to please the receiver. I also love to do little Christmas bags filled with candy/ornaments/gifts that is sure to please as well :)
Why can't you get to your decorations? Can you not get to them at all? That would be awful. We keep ours under the basement stairs since the attic has the insulation blown in. When I was a kid we kept the decorations in the walk in attic - but from the heat they would really break down & wouldn't last long at all.
Well my dear, if I don't get back around by the holidays - Merry Christmas to you and yours :) I hope you get everything done in time! ~Holiday Hugs & Reindeer kisses

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,
The weather is terrible all over the place. Stay safe out there in the bad weather.

Sounds like you've been a busy beaver with Christmas shopping and decorating the new family room. You are so lucky to have Amy to help with all these decisions, huh?

Glad you like your fabulous blog award. I thought it was pretty cool. Hope you have a wonderful w/e, dear friend. Hugz!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy;

Just returned home an hour ago after the horrific ice storm we had here that knocked out my electricity for 2 days. I just posted it all on my blog with photos. It was the worst I've seen in years. Now I'm just making a couple of visits before going to lay down. I'm still not feeling well. Have a lovely Sunday. Thank you for your lovely blog award. ~Hugs~

Claudia said...

Hi Kathy, Hope the nasty weather has not affected your area. Sounds like you're renovating is close to finished, glad to hear you like the color Amy picked for the family room. Have a nice Sunday. *hugs*

Melanie said...

Hi, Kathy. We've had some cold weather here too. I love to eat at Olive Garden! Sounds like you had a very good day. ((Hugs))