Sunday, June 07, 2009

Dish

We are finally saying goodbye to DirecTv. The rates have gone so high, the service is poor, and we are getting Dish installed on Monday. The rates...for everything we have now, are $40 cheaper!!! Unbelievable!! The only thing we are sad about...we won't get YES network, (Yankee channel). They did say they will be getting it soon, so that is something to look forward too. We will have to monitor the games on my laptop. Anyway, they are coming tomorrow between 12 and 5. Hubby will be here.

Wednesday was my birthday, and hubby surprised me with a party. Family and friends, I am very blessed. He even made 2 cakes for the party! I got home from work, and was totally surprised! He is so great, I am blessed!

Rain is returning tomorrow...and thunderstorms! Did I mention what a chicken I am in thunderstorms?

Well, got to get my clothes ready for work, and hubby and I are going to watch a movie.

9 comments:

Marge said...

Good morning Kathy,
Happy birthday just a little late. Your hubby is a gem.
Dish vs. Direct. I have Direct right now. Switched to them from Comcast cable. Didn't know they were so much more than Dish. Hmmm! thanks for letting me know.
Hope all goes good at work today. Hugz!!

Kia said...

Happy (belated) birthday, Kathy! :) What a sweet hubby you have, such a lovely man! I'm catching up with your news, I'm sorry about all the rain. Hope Summer will arrive soon where you live. :) Big hugs!

Melanie said...

Happy belated birthday! My mom recently got DISH and she is very happy with it. Hope you enjoy yours. Have a lovely week.

Toni said...

Hi Kathy;

I'm so sorry I missed your birthday. Hope it was a happy and blessed one. Wow! I would bew lost without the YES network. One good thing is you can go on their site and watch the latest videos of the highlights of each game played on YES. Here in apt. complex only cable TV is allowed. I would love switching over to satellite if I had the capability. Have a blessed day my friend. ~Hugs~

Blessings each day said...

Happy birthday...just keep on celebrating!

Remember, if you feel like it, you can always "grab" pictures from the Internet (most of mine come from flicker, which offers their pictures this way).

blessings,

marcy

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy: I'm trying this under Anonymous to see if I can post. Have a lovely day. HUGS, Connie

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy: I'm trying this a second time. Your tilapia sounds wonderful.Have a great weekend.

Sandy said...

Oh Kathy, I am so sorry I missed your birthday! Happy Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful one! Awww what a wonderful thing for hubby did to surprise you and I bet the cakes were yummy. Oh I love cake lol!
Geesh that's quite a savings of $40 a month! I would be changing too!
I hope you have a wonderful week-end!
(((hugggs)))

Sandy said...

Oh I will have to "inform" my hubby what your hubby did for your birthday!! *hint* *hint* lol