Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

  • My girlfriend Gail bought a new house. She has begun the process of moving in, so I volunteered to help her a bit today. I met her this morning at her old house, and we worked for several hours packing up what we could into my SUV and her car. Her son has moved most of the big stuff, and she has gotten a lot over already. We did get a lot done, and it felt good to help someone today.
  • Feeling a bit sad... my dearest niece F, started kindergarden today!! I will call my sister in a bit to see how it went. I know I was devastated when each of my sons started school! It seems only yesterday, when F was born, and I was able to be in Ct, and be able to help my sister.
  • So sick and tired of rain, thunderstorms, rain, wind, rain, rain and rain.
  • With all this rain, I can't even walk around my yard, if I try... I sink up to my ankles! There is just no place for all the water to go already.
  • Wanting to make a trip to Holley Ross Pottery, and purchase some Fiestaware.
  • I have laundry screaming my name, but I am trying to ignore it.

Ok, just a short one. Going to try to get some visits in today too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,
Geesh! I just lost my comment.
What I did say was that I couldn't believe that your niece F is starting school already. I remember when she was born. I even visited your sister's blog and read about her knitting. As they say, "Where does the time go!"
Brian is already back in school. He started Aug. 5. Therefore, our summer is over inspite of it still being summer.
I am sorry to hear about your pc. Mine is lagging even though I have Regcure and other programs to keep it healthy. :) It is so frustrating.
Take care and have a great day.
Hugs

Connie said...

Hi Kathy: I wish I'd had help like you when we moved back to NYS! (-: I hear the Eagles are getting Michael Vick.
This is only a 15 day leave for Corey.
Have a great weekend. HUGS

LadyT said...

Happy Friday Kathy;

Your friend is lucky to have someone like you to help move her belongings. I think that's great!

Oh my gosh! Your little niece stared kindergbarten already! Time really flys..

It looks like we might have dry weather (finally!) until Tuesday when the rain and storms come back. Have a great weekend. ~Hugs~

~Pam~ said...

Hi Kathy,
Wow, your little niece started kindergarten! Kids grow up so quickly, don't they?

Sorry you are having too much rain and bad weather. Here it is hot and humid.

Take care sweetie, hope you have a nice weekend.

lots of hugs