Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Rather than wallow in my sorrow about the job, I decided to keep myself a little busy. I made two pumpkin pies that are baking, and I changed out my background on my journal. I had just changed it a few days ago, but I found this one, and absolutely love it!! What do you think?

Hubby is still working on the remodeling. We had to do a quick run to Lowe's for more stain, and also lumber he needed. I got to get myself in gear, and take some pics.

It's starting to cloud up again, and I think we are going to get some rain anytime. My neighbor is cutting their grass, and as I sit here, the wonderful smell of fresh cut grass is coming thru. I do love the smell, it's ...cozy for me! LOL I know, I am nuts!

I got out my knitting again, and will start up with that, since it isn't so muggy now. I am making a scarf for my friend, and I have a few other ideas floating around in my roomy mind. I do love to knit, and I thank my sister for giving me the opportunity to learn it! She is a wonderful knitter, and fast as well!

OK, time to get a move on.

6 comments:

Claudia said...

Hi Kathy, Sorry you didn't hear anything about the job, something else will come along. I don't knit much anymore, when I do I don't finish. My sister is a good knitter, she finishes my projects. Have a nice week. *hugs*

Kia said...

Ciao Kathy, so very sorry you didn't hear anything about the job :(
A slice of pumpkin pie for me, pretty please! ;)
Have fun knitting. I've never tried... but it seems relaxing.
Hugs & smiles your way!

LadyT said...

Happy Wednesday Kathy;

Maybe you'll hear from them about the job yet. You never know.

I hope you saved a piece of the pumpkin pie for me.. LOL!! I haven't had it since last November.

I was just thinking about crocheting again myself now that the weather has been cooler and humidity in sight.

Have a lovely middle of the week. hugs

Connie said...

Hi Kathy: I used to love to knit, but my arthritis doesn't like me to! That soup is so good. I make double batches here and always think I'll freeze some. It never lasts that long and there's only two of us. Have a great day. I think you saw Bill Smith on PBS. It amazes me he only lives 3 miles away! HUGS

Anonymous said...

Hello Kathy, have a lovely Friday and weekend ahead! Hugs!

Melanie said...

Yum - pumpkin pie! So sorry about the job. Hope you have a lovely weekend! ((Hugs))