Sunday, December 27, 2009

Toasty Warm

It was a beautiful Sunday, warm, temps in the 40’s!!  Now tonight, it’s a different story.  Cold, and that for me means warm jammies, and a big pot of hot cocoa!!!!

Dinner at my sister-in-law’s was great!  My brother-in-law is a great cook!  We started with a squash/curry soup, then stuffed mushrooms, a pork roast, roasted potatoes, green beans with almonds and ham, salad.  Then for dessert.. homemade chocolate cake, all kinds of homemade cookies, my hubby made a homemade cheese bread, and then coffee, and good talk, wonderful memories, and with that, lots of loving laughter!!  A great evening!

And again, we forgot the camera.  Hubby has some pics he took on Christmas, and when he finds the cable, I will download to my laptop and show you.  We also have a few pics of the house, and I will get them posted.

After New Year’s, we will start working on the kitchen and dining room and the sunroom.  Of course, the sliding door in the sunroom will not be replaced until Spring or Summer, depending on the weather.

Well, hubby is watching football, and I have a basket of clothes to fold and put away!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,
The dinner at your SIL's sounds so good. That is wonderful that you shared some memories and laughter.
It has been a little cool here at night but it is a welcoming relief from the humidity. Last week I turned on the ac.
Looking forward to seeing some pics.
Have a cozy evening.
Hugs,
Liz

LadyT said...

Happy Monday Kathy;

Sounds like you had a perfect Christmas Day. THe dinner sounds yummy! My day yesterday was a lovely one. My son and DIL treated me well. Have a great beginning of the week my friend. Hugs

Lori said...

Hi Kathy!! Dinner sounds wonderful!! Happy New Year!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

Sandy said...

Happy New Year's Kathy to you and your family!
I hope it brings much happiness and lot's of great health and a new job for you!

There is a radio commercial for a restaurant here that serves some kind of squash and curry soup too, my mouth always waters for it. Guess I should just break down and make me some!

Sweet Blessings
{{{huggggs}}}