The days have just flown by since my last post. Between not feeling well, and running around after work looking at cabinets and appliances... well days passed!
It's so cold, temps right now are about 15. I am NOT a happy winter person! I do hate bitter cold temps, and right now, it looks like they are staying with us for a while. Saturday it was so cold at work, I was wrapped in my two blankets. Of course, it's all relative.. I was talking to someone from Alaska on saturday, and they were saying it was -20!!
We went shopping for appliances tonight at Sears. We did buy a new dishwasher, and we will pick it up Tuesday. We also looked at side by side flushmount refrigerators. We will also need a new stove, but we didn't like what we saw in stoves there. We needed to pick out the dishwasher and get that in so cabinets will be installed right around it. I don't understand it, but leave it to hubby.
I found a pattern for a knitted cowl I like. I think I will make it, got to get to where my yarn is stored right now. Everything has been packed away because of the remodeling, so I am not too sure where it is. Especially if it was something hubby packed, it could be anywhere. I am thinking they are all in the garage in boxes, and it is just TOO COLD to go out there right now!!
Well, I am going to get some laundry folded and put away, then relax with a mug of tea or two!!
5 comments:
Hi Kathy! Thanks for visiting! Shopping for appliances is fun! We got out LG washer/dryer at Sears. We also recently bought a stainless steel Kitchenaid dishwasher. They have a really good reputation. I love my GE Profile slide in range. Is your hubby doing the installation? It'll be fun once it's all done! Good luck! (((Hugz)))
Hi Kathy: Have you had a side by side fridge before. I had one in Maine and found one here when I came home. I couldn't get it out of here fast enough. I found the freezer side had little space due to the ice and water thing and that made the regular side small and deep and I wasted a lot of food I couldn't see.Maybe if they're wider, they're more useful.
I'm anxious to see pics.
Have a great day.
HUGS
Happy February Kathy;
It's so hard to believe we are in the 2nd month of the new year already!
I'm glad you were able to get your dishwasher and hope you'll be able to get your other new appliances soon too.
I hate winter and this deep freeze weather we are having. I would love the year to be made up of just Spring & Fall. LOL!!
Have a great day my friend. Hugs
Yay for a new dishwasher! My kitchen is to tiny to have one...I wish! I guess I will live though, I have gone this many years without one :o) Can't wait to see pictures!
Ciao Kathy! Thanks for visiting! Enjoy your new dishwasher! Can you believe we had one in the US and never ever used it?? :) Have a happy February, big hugs!
Post a Comment