Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Storm...


Here is a picture my son Mike took from our best friends,who live next to us, over to our yard. My hubby and sons went over to help Fred shovel out. We have a gazebo in the front between both of our yards, that we sit in and have coffee. You SHOULD be able to see my yard, the driveways and ... all you can see is the 21 inches we got!!! Isn't it incredible. The tree is my red maple, which is huge, but looks dwarfed! (I am sorry, I took the picture off of his Facebook, and it doesn't enlarge for me when you click on it)

I can honestly say, I am so glad tomorrow is March 1st and we are rid of February! At least we have Spring to look forward to.. and daylight savings time.

I finally got my HP laptop back from son Mike. He bought an ASUS laptop, in August. It promptly died in November. He was so mad, he shoved it in his closet, and took my HP. I got stuck using my Acer, which I hate. Today, hubby and I had to stop at B*st B*y for ink. I needed to print out my resume for tomorrow. Anyway, we know the assistant store manager, and told him about the laptop my son bought there. He looked it up, said it was covered under the manufacturers warrenty, and to bring it in. He the Ge*k Sq*ad would look at it, and if it can't be fixed, they replace it. When hubby and son brought it in today, it couldn't even be turned on to check it, so they replaced it. He got his money back...bought a Sony laptop and got the warrenty protection for it. I really like the one he got, and... it has Windows 7 on it, I hate Vista. I wish I could get the Vista off my laptop. Oh well, at least I got it back! LOL

Well, I am going to get my laptop set up for me again. I am craving some hot tea, so I best put the water on!

1 comment:

LadyT said...

Happy Monday Kathy;

We were hit pretty bad here from Wednesday-Saturday. Even now it's snow showering. I wrote all about it today in my entry.

I would love to be able to get a new laptop with Windows 7. No way would I get Vista. You should check with Microsoft to see if your laptop can handle Windows 7. I did and found mine wasn't and so I'll stay with XP.

Have a great beginning of the week my friend. Hugs