Thursday, March 04, 2010

A Beautiful Day..

Today was such a beautiful day! The sun was shining, temps warmed up a bit, and signs of Spring are definitely in the air!

Hubby and I, and friends of ours, left at 9:30 am for a ride to Hazelton, Pa, to a wonderful tile shop we heard of (about an hour and a half drive). All Italian tile, I have NEVER seen such tile and stone, the most amazing colors, styles, just unbelievable.

Anyway..... we are changing the whole design of the backsplash and the floor! We had bought this wonderful travertine tile for the backsplash, and we went to look for a trim tile for the top and bottom of the one we selected. Well, we found this wonderful italian stone tile! And we totally fell in love. And that quickly, our ideas changed, and the whole layout is changing!

The tiles are ordered, and will be in next Thursday. So, Friday we drive down to pick up everything! I will take pics! I am totally in love with these new tiles, both floor and backsplash!

And that was my day! We got back, and I emptied the freezer compartment of my refrigerator and cleaned it all out. I tossed out old stuff, and it is all fresh and clean again! While I did that, hubby finished framing out the kitchen window, and primed it. Tomorrow he will paint, we are nearing the end! Yay!!

I am trying to talk him into getting rid of Dish, and either going back to DirecTV, or Comcast. Last year we missed almost every Yankee game because Dish doesn't carry YES network. We were so lied to it isn't funny.

Well, we are heading over to Fred and Elaine's for coffee!

2 comments:

LadyT said...

Hi Kathy;

This is a beautiful template. BTW, I sent you email on your query about my siggie.

I love Italian tile! My brother had it in his whole bottom floor. Your kitchen must be beautifully shaping up.

I have cable and would never go without the YES channel. I got to watch yesterday's spring training day and I'll be watching tomorrow's game too. It felt good seeing them play again especially on my new HD Sony TV I bought in December.

Have a great weekend my friend. Hugs

Melody said...

ooo italian tile!! That is gonna look so awesome!