Sunday, May 23, 2010

Oh No!! The battery is dead!

Yes, we found out the hard way!

After Mass, and breakfast, we got out the gps, and went riding.  We were passing thru Wind Gap,Pa, and found a flea market.  All the way up it was raining... a bad sign!

Anyway, we were in there about an hour, had a good time looking at stuff, and decided to leave.  What!!! No power in the car!  The battery was dead, we had left the car lights on because of the rain, and we didn't realize it!  Thank God, there was a kind man there, who gave hubby a jump to the battery!

Needless to say, once the car started, we turned around and came back home!  So the day was over before we planned for it!  Anyway, we did some stuff around the yard, and relaxed.

Dinner was cooked on the grill, and we had everyone together, so we had a nice relaxing night.  The boys were joking around, it just was a great time, and hubby and I enjoyed the evening with our sons and their girlfriends!

And.... for a treat, hubby and I went for ice cream.  We are watching the Yankees/Mets game.  It's not looking good for the Yankees.  I think I am going to take my bath, and get to bed.  Work tomorrow.

4 comments:

LadyT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LadyT said...

Happy Monday Kathy;

No rain here yet, just warmth and cloudy. The weekend weather was nice. Thank goodness for caring strangers who helped out with your car.

The Yankess are in a bad slump with a few of their main players injured. But knowing them, they'll be on top again (I hope) ;-}

Have a blessed beginning of the week my friend. Hugs

Cindy said...

Hi Kathy, sorry to here that your excursion out with hubby was shortened by the car problems, but all in all, sounds like you had a nice day. It's always wonderful to have the kids around to bring a little joy to the day.

Glad you got to cook on the grill...something I have been missing, our gas grill needs some work and we really just want to get rid of it and get a new one but hoping to wait until we finally get to move. Who knows when that will be. Anyway, I would love a good steak on the grill.

Hope you have a blessed Tuesday!

Hugs,
Cindy

Linda said...

Your post today brought back memories of when I lived in the USA and I went to flea markets and yard sales!
Sorry to hear about your car and glad all well now.
Blessings.