We had pretty decent weather today. After breakfast, we got out our gps, and did some garage saling! We got a wonderful rocking chair with a matching footstool for....$10!! I have to get a pic to post to show you it. We are debating if we want to paint if. It is in perfect condition...we will use it in our bedroom.
Hubby also got some tools, our friends got tools also at the same place. We visited about 10 sales, maybe more in different cities. Lots of dishes, glassware, pots and pans, which I wasn't interested in. I am so thrilled about this chair!! We also went to a church flea market. It was almost at closing time, and things were pretty picked over. But we thought the prices were way to high, so we left.
We had a fun day, and stopped for a chinese buffet for dinner. Yum. We don't do that often, so we all enjoyed it.
Cooler weather is making it's way back again. Rain and cold temps. Ugh.
We also had some sad news, my sister-in-law's uncle passed away this morning.
I am off to make a pot of tea. We stopped at a bakery and bought some muffins and croissants. Since we ate earlier than normal, we are on the hungry side for a bit of a snack.
3 comments:
Hi Kathy! I have missed you so much! It's always wonderful to stop in for a visit. What a deal on the rockers & footstool! I hope you do show a picture & share that with us.
Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. Have you ever shared your lasagne recipe? I bet it's so good!
Hopefully you will get warm temps this week. I can't imagine cold weather! It's in the 80's here & will be 90's this week. Have a lovely week Kathy! Hugs
You and your hubby found really great deals! WOW! Rocking chair and stool for $10! That's great!! I love to go garage sailing... Once in awhile my hubby doesn't mind going with me.. Just makes for great time spent together while having fun! I always say one just never knows what might be waiting for them at garage sales that's for sure! I really enjoy going to them!
Blessings,
~Lynn
Sounds like it was a perfect Sunday. :) I haven't been to a garage sale in 6 years before leaving NY. Actually when I was living in CA. my brother, SIL and I would go to these big and I mean big flea markets in San Jose. It would take a day to walk through them. I used to enjoy seeing the old and new items they carried and picked up some real bargains. Your rocking chair and matching foot stool sound nice. I'm sorry to hear about your family's loss. My prayers go out to your family.
Have a blessed day my friend. Hugs
Post a Comment