Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cool!

Yesterday the winds blew in, and with them...cooler weather!  For sleeping at least!  Tonight it's to go to 50, and be cool when we awake tomorrow.  I LOVE it!   I haven't been able to sleep well, with the high humidity, and even with the AC on, my sinus has been crazy.

I am thankful to have the next two days off.

Hubby made a beef stew for dinner, and it was so tender and delicious!  I love soups and stews, just one of my favorites!  He is such a good cook, and I am so blessed!  He is such a wonderful husband, so loving, and caring.

We were notified that, yet again our benefits will be changing.  One good note...we will be able to keep our youngest, Mike, on our benefits until he is 26.  Other changes... we shall see. Supposedly, we are to have what I pay out in benefits, reduced by 50%, with my company paying the difference.  Other changes are coming thru in the next few weeks.  Our time for changes in our benefits is in October.  Hmmmmm?

Ok, well, it's getting late, and I have just sat here staring at the screen of my laptop for 5 minutes, so I guess I will get myself off to bed.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Kathy! I'm sorry that I've let busyness keep me away from visiting blogs this week. I have missed you...I had to laugh when you talked about the humidity & "cranky Kathy". :-) Can't see you being cranky!

You are blessed that your hubby cooks & spoils you! You deserve it...you get special treatment because you ARE special!!

Your camera should be there tomorrow - just in time for the 4th weekend. Enjoy it Kathy! Have a blessed day & safe weekend. I'm sure I'll be emailing you about the camera. Hugs!

Melanie said...

Oh how I envy you and those cool temps. It is so hot and humid here right now although it is a tad cooler because a storm is blowing in. Have a wonderful 4th!

Lori said...

Hi Kathy!! I am glad it cooled off for you all, it did here too!! Yay!!
The beef stew sounds great!!
Have a wonderful 4th of July sweetie!!! ((BIG HUGS))!!!

Linda said...

Hi Kathy,
Glad it is cooler there for you! Can you send some of that here please!? Humidity is so bad here right now!
Hope your July 4th was good!
Blessings.