Thursday, June 24, 2010

What A Day!

We got up early... hubby made sandwiches, and I packed the picnic basket.  Sweet peaches, some homemade eggplant we made, and some cheese!  And off we went this morning to Hershey Gardens!  Last night the weather forecast looked ominous .... severe thunderstorms.  We went anyway and had a wonderful time... just hubby and I!!  We saw the most beautiful gardens, theme gardens, rose gardens!  Just spectacular!  We also went thru the butterfly exhibit.  I love butterflies!

Then we decided to visit a Civil War museum in Harrisburg.  As we started the drive, the severe weather set in!  Was it scary.  Huge hailstones!  Thunder and lightening and wind like you wouldn't believe!  And so, we decided to head home.  Can I say thank God for GPS.  It has gotten us to and thru so many areas.

When we got home, we took a nap, then did some work in the gardens.  The humidity finally went away.  A wonderful wind blew thru tonight, and temps got a bit cooler.  Happy Me!!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Kathy! I was so happy to see new posts! What a wonderful day you had. Days like this are like sunshine when you have been having such a hard time at work. I wish you more of these days - fun, lazy, relaxing, & with your hubby. Sounds like such a wonderful time - I'm just sorry that the bad weather had to come mess it up. Hope you have a lovely weekend Kathy. You are a sweet friend! Hugs

LadyT said...

Happy Friday Kathy;

What a perfect day you had with your hubby and a yummy picnic basket. ;-} I'm glad you made it home through that scary storm. I was thrilled to see the cooler weather come in last night after yesterday's horrible heat and humidity. The storm stayed south of us so all we got was the high winds. Have a blessed day my friend. Hugs

Lori said...

Sounds like a wonderful day except for the scary weather. :) The breeze at the end of the day sounds wonderful!! I am so glad you had a nice day, you deserve it!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

KrnDrln said...

Kathy, thanks for stopping by my site! I forget what I said in my blog, but I'm actually meeting my sister the next weekend to go to Gettysburg with her and her family...she said she wanted someone with her who knew what happened there! LOL

We are staying in Hagerstown, MD because that is the closest they could find a hotel room! It should be a fun time together...wish it were longer, but I'll take what I can get.

I too love butterflies! And I would have loved to see the Hershey Gardens! It is very humid here today...last week we had a terrible storm that my husband and I were caught in! Wasn't fun! LOL

Can't wait to read more...thanks for adding me, I'll add you too! :)