Isn't it funny how things work out?
Last week at work, they sent out email about 12 new positions opening up in our Priority department. I paid no attention to it and deleted the email, as I was frustrated by my last experience applying for another department. Actually, my last several experiences. And I have vented here many times about my job.
Anyway, as I said, I ignored and deleted the email. Tuesday afternoon, my manager sent me a chat, asking why I don't apply. I stated I wasn't interested in it. She kept talking to me about it, and stated I would love it, it is no sales, and that everyone else loves it over there. Right now, I worked 4 days... 10 hours a day, and have 3 days off. But I work every single Saturday. And I work 8 am to 6:30. One of the openings in Priority were 9 to 5:30, with alternate Saturdays off.. the alternate week, I would be off on Wednesdays and Sundays. It would also be a promotion, so more money, and instead of 2 weeks vacation... 3 weeks vacation and I could still purchase a week.. meaning 4 weeks off!
Well, I talked to hubby, and he said it was up to me. I prayed about it, as my manager said I needed to let her know by 4 pm Tuesday. At 3:45, I messaged her that I would apply, only if I got the shift I wanted. I wasn't interested in working to 8 pm, or I definitely wanted the 9 to 5:30. And I left it in the Lord's hands.
I come in Wednesday, and then suddenly I am pinged on my computer that I am scheduled for an interview. Not expecting this all to happen so quickly... I wasn't dressed for interviewing! But they stated decisions needed to be made quickly, and resumes and clothing were not a problem, as they had my updated resume on file from last time I applied for a new opening. I felt my interview went very well, but as I said, I wasn't expecting much because of past experience. I wasn't pursuing the job. I left in in the Lord's hands.
Well... I received a call on Friday... I got the job, in the shift I wanted!! I prayed to the Lord that if this was meant to be for me... it would all fall into place. I wasn't looking for anything else, and the Lord would have to make it happen.
And as another surprise... I get ready this morning, go in like I do every Saturday. Well, after I get logged in, took a call, my manager came over and said, "Kathy, didn't they tell you that your first Saturday off started today, you don't need to be here. Log your 15 minutes and go home!" Was I surprised, and did just that.
My training starts on Monday, and since I am fully trained in all areas... I will only have 3 days of training. Please keep me in your prayers that I learn this new job quickly.
6 comments:
Hi Kathy!
Congrats on your new position! God is so good, isn't He?
Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
~hugs~
Yay for you! Congrats for the new job, Kathy! So glad you got the shift you wanted. Have a lovely evening and a blessed Thanksgiving! Hugs!
Hi Kathy! I visited here & got all caught up with your posts. First off, congratulations on the new position! I am so happy that God answered your prayers! Will you still have to work on Thanksgiving now? I am just so happy for you Kathy.
I was so touched when I read the post about you getting to see your grandbaby! Do you know yet if it is a boy or a girl? Lots of wonderful blessings are coming your way Kathy!
I hope you have a blessed & happy Thanksgiving week. Just think - next Thanksgiving your will have your little grandbaby eating with you! Sending big hugs Kathy!
Congrats on the new job, Kathy! Hugs
How wonderful Kathy! I'm so happy for you. Our Lord is great isn't He!! Have a blessed beginning of the week my friend. Hugs
So happy to hear about your new job, Kathy. I know you've been so upset with your other one. I'm sure you'll learn very quickly! God bless.
Post a Comment