Monday, December 19, 2011

Sorry to be missing so long.  This is a hectic time of year, and blogging seems to be on the back plate for a time. I am happy to say I am as ready as I can be.  LOL

We are having about 20 family over for Christmas dinner.  My sister is 14 hrs away in Indianapolis, and our oldest son is in Fl, but besides that, family for dinner.  Hubby and are are slowly getting prepared, and it sure is nice not to be rushed and nervous.  Today we shopped for the stocking stuffers, and the food order.  I will get my ham this week, as well as a nice pot roast.  We are also making homemade chicken soup with capeletti's and beef and eggplant parmesean.  And of course all the trimmings and sweets to go along with it all!

It's gotten colder today, and tonight, I am freezing.  I just took an apple crisp out of the oven, and will put a pot of coffee on in about an hour.  In the meantime, I have some laundry to fold, and want to check out the Christmas movies!

2 comments:

Marge said...

Your dinner sounds delicious. Christmas is just the best day of the year, isn't it? I think so anyway. Merry Christmas Kathy!!

Wynne said...

Hi Kathy,
I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner! Sounds like you're having a very busy week. Hope it all goes well for you, I'm sure it will! ((hugs))