Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snow!!

We got hit with a plowable snowfall!  I am very thankful that this is my Saturday off... because now if you can't make it in or come in late because of snow.. it counts as an "occurrence"  which when you have 5 can get you fired.  Roads are very treacherous, and it's windy and extremely cold.  We are to get a warm up next week, but for now... it's dangerous out there.

I don't even know if we will get out to go to Coney Island  for our Texas Wieners!!   This is our family restaurant, run by my brother Pete.  We have all worked there at one time or another, and now our youngest Mike, helps out part time while he is going to college.  Such a fun place, with many great regulars that come in, as well as "squirrels" as my brother calls our "oddballs".  LOL

I am being such a slug today!  Napping, on the computer, napping, folding a load of clothes!  LOL  But I did make a great frittata for breakfast, so I wasn't all bad!

Off to make a pot of coffee!!

1 comment:

Marge said...

I always loved when it snowed on w/e's. A cozy day to stay in and enjoy a good book. Hope yours is a cozy day also. Hugz!