Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Weekend..

It has just flown by!  I guess it being bitterly cold doesn't help...we stayed in, staying cozy and warm.  Which I love, and wish it could be like this always!

Today I had a Valentine's Day luncheon sponsored by our financial management group.  Women only today.  It was wonderful, the food was delish, I got to make many new friends, great chocolate candy, and beautiful flowers.  I hated to leave the restaurant.  The winds are howling, it's snowing, and it's about 15 degrees!  Brrr.

Sad to hear of Whitney Houston passing.  It was strange, hubby and I were watching a movie last night with her in... called the Preacher's Wife.  When I went upstairs to put on coffee...hubby called up to tell me it just flashed on the tv that they found her dead.  So sad of a life.

Feeling the urge to knit again.  I will have to do some research on what I would like to do.  My sister knits constantly, and most beautifully.  I wish I had more resources, in order to buy more beautiful yarns.  Oh well.

Other than that... I am reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King.. on my Kindle.  So good.  I wasn't sure if I would like it, some of his books don't appeal to me, but this is spellbinding.  I am thoroughly enjoying my Kindle!!

Off to run to pick up prescriptions.

2 comments:

Wynne said...

Hi Kathy, yes was very sad to hear of Whitney Houston's passing. Glad you had a nice Valentine's Day. Wishing you a wonderful weekend. Hugs

Claudia said...

Hi Kathy, Yes time sure flies, it's been too long since I've visited. I read 11-22-63, different for Stephen King. I love my Kindle too. Have a nice weekend, hope it warms up a bit for you. Very strange weather this year. *hugs*