Friday, April 11, 2014

A Bad Start to the Day

We went to our first flea market of the season.  We were very disappointed!  It was some group who sponsored it, the prices were so high, the items were dirty and just tossed together and piled like junk!  I was so surprised that they would present like that!  The lady who unlocked the door was so obnoxious!  It was supposed to open at 9, and it was 9:10 already, and the first gentleman I. Line knocked at the door.  After about 5 minutes, she opened the door, complaining about people who are impatient, several people made comments to her, and she basically said to shut up!  Hubs and I couldn't believe how she was acting.

That was our first few minutes of the day.  That over with, the rest of the day was wonderful.  Hubs went golfing with his friend at 9:30, he got back at noon.  While he was gone, I did a load of laundry, dusted, and then cleaned up the kitchen.  I wanted to use my Hobby Lobby coupon for yarn, but I ended up taking a nap!  Can you believe it!  It felt so good!

Hubs came back, we ate lunch then worked together in our back yard for a few hours till it started raining.  Boy did it come down.  I can see grass greening up, and it was 62 degrees, so it just felt good!

We had a quick dinner out...pizza...then pick up meds, went for new sneakers for him, and a new pair of cushy flip flops for me!  I love them, and it still makes me feel like I am barefoot.  Once the weather gets warm,  I hate wearing socks, and I am one who hate cold feet, so you know it has to be warm for me to go with my flip flops!

So we are home...hubs is taking his power nap.  He was talking to me, and suddenly got quiet.  I looked over and he was out like a baby!

Happy weekend!

2 comments:

Susan said...

HI Kathy, I have 3 grands here with me now while my daughter is at school and my son and his wife at the hospital with our new grandson. Not boring here.

Toni said...

Hi Kathy; Now that all family has left and the holidays are over I will be back in the blogging world again.
How rude indeed about the woman in the flea market. The first time she opened her mouth, I would have walked away and not even looked at her dirty messy stuff myself.
What a wonderful life you have with your hubby. I always love reading about happy contented couples. Have a lovely week ahead my friend.