Friday, May 16, 2014

Long Time

I hadn't realized how long it has been since I posted.

It is raining heavily today, and will all day.  Once the weather is nice, I am outside most of the time.  Hubs and I are planting flowers, clearing weeds, you know the routine.  But today... bad rain, thunderstorms, and flooding.  Thank goodness our home sits high in the town we are in.  Anyway, today is a good day to play catch up.  In the house, and on here.  I also wanted to try to go thru files here on my laptop, but that will be later.

I flew to my son Chris's for 12 days, with son Mike and his girl Kristin.  We had such a wonderful time.  My granddaughter Sofia turned 3 while we were there, and it was such a blessed, special time!  I am so grateful!

I really am enjoying my retirement.  I never thought it would be like this!  So happy to spend time home, with my husband, my sons, just enjoying my life.   Everyday things seem so special.  Again, I am blessed.

Does anyone watch Dancing With the Stars?  I am hoping Max and Merle win, they are so great together!  Every year I say I am not going to watch, but since Max came back, it changed my mind.  It always seemed to be so set up, for certain people to be voted off, for certain people to win.  I still think that way, we shall see what happens.

Gosh, my thoughts are all over the place today!  Scattered, like the rain!

My Aunt Bev, cousin Teresa, and Teresa's daughter Haley, came down to our family restaurant, Coney Island in Scranton, the Monday after Mothers Day.  That is what my Aunt Bev wanted, to eat a Texas Wiener!  LOL  And so hubs and I went down to have lunch with them.  Aunt Bev is my Mom's sister.  It was so great to talk to all of them, I want to make trips to visit with them.  So much time has passed, and we just get used to not seeing one another, and family is so important.

Well, I should get some work done in the house.  I like to break up my time.  Since I am retired, the house is nothing to keep clean now... half hour to 45 minutes each day, and all is done!  Love it!!  I do need to catch up from the time I went to visit Chris.  I do want to spend extra time to try and get our office organized.  Hubs has it pretty messy.  My laptop is in here, and my little corner is neat, but his side is a mess!

Happy Friday!!

2 comments:

Toni said...

Hi Kathy;

I thought I played hooky long enough and am catching up on my blogging. :-) So hard to believe that Sofia is 3 already!! She's so adorable. I don't watch DWTS anymore but I saw today on GMA that you got your wish and Max and Merle did win.
Have a great rest of the week my friend.

Lori said...

Hi Kathy!! How wonderful you are enjoying retirement. That is awesome. I am glad you are doing well. Have a nice week. ((BIG HUGS))!!!
http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/