Monday, August 18, 2014

A New Day

A new, fresh day, the start of the week.  I hope everyone has a blessed day.

I saw this meme on Melanie's site, and today on Toni's.  I do like it so I am joining in as well!  If you want to join in, go here...  Farm House Chat.

Today's chat:
  1. Are you still enjoying (or not) summer, or are you geared for fall?  I am enjoying the ending of summer.  This year I am feeling blessed, since I am retired, this is the first time I can enjoy the whole summer, each day feeling wonderful!  I do love the Fall though, and I am looking forward to the brisk days, I love decorating, cooking, and enjoying the outdoors during Fall!
  2. What's the one room in your home that you'd like to make a big change to?  Our upstairs (main) bathroom.  I would like new toilet, tub and sink, tile the floor, and change its footprint a bit to make a better setup in there.
  3. Do you ever send "snail mail"?  Not in a long time!
  4. Do you dream? Often? Do you have nightmares?  Yes, I do dream, sometimes I can remember them, which at that time seems to be answers to prayers.  No I seldom have nightmares.
  5. Tell me something that makes you happy. Please.  My husband, my sons, my granddaughter, and my family.  My life as well, I am enjoying each day and feeling blessed!
That was fun!  

If you remember, I was saying how I have broken the rooms of our home into days where I spend the time cleaning each one, as well as little daily chores I do to maintain!  I truly am loving it, and the house looks wonderful, always company ready!   Today is my day for kitchen, sunroom and dining room.  I just finished steam mopping the floors, and thought I would take a break, and make an entry.  Later I will catch up on blog friends sites!

My precious siggie from Judy!


7 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Kathy,
How great that you are retired and can enjoy each day. :) I've got a long time to go before that day comes but I know it will be great when it gets here.

I too would make major changes to my bathroom too. Have a wonderful day! Hugs

Toni said...

Hi Kathy; It's wonderful to be retired isn't it! :) Enjoyed reading all your answers my friend. Have a great day. Hugs

Kori said...

Hi Kathy,

That does look like a fun meme. Might have to give that a try sometime. Hope that you have a lovely day!

Marge said...

Hi Kathy, I did that meme today too! but I can't read your answers cuz this old lady can't see that good and the printing is soooooooooooo small.
So glad to be blogging again. Hugz!

Susan said...

Hi Kathy, the font is tiny for me too. I had to increase the whole page to read. I liked being retired too! We have a string if lights on our balcony that make things look nice for summer dining. Have a great week! Hugs

Melanie said...

I do like being retired too. It's wonderful that my time is my own (at least for the most part). Have a blessed day.

Kim said...

I do zone cleaning as well. It makes it so much easier. :) I enjoyed your Farmhouse Chat answers. I think I'm going to borrow this meme for tomorrow's post. :)