Thursday, August 07, 2014

Blueberries! Again!

Yes, I know!  We did go blue berry picking again!  Today we picked 9 pounds!  Needless to say, we have lots of blueberries!

It was a hectic day today.  Thirsdays I usually clean our bedroom, but hubs came in and said he caught a possum in the trap!  We have some problems with the wild life, digging and eating up flowers, digging under our shed.  We have set out traps, then take them away, about 5 miles, to the woods to find a new home!  So far this summer, we caught 8 chipmunks, 2 possums, a huge rabbit, a raccoon, also huge!, a big old squirrel!  We brought today's possum for his ride, came back, (this was at 8 am) , hubby filled in the hole, and we went to pick the berries.  We got back about 2 hrs later?  We happened to pass a house on the way home that was putting out things for a yard sale...hubby bought a really nice gas powered craftsman chain saw for $20.  He was dancing on air.  We got back, he checked the hole, and it was all dug out again!  Ugh!

Then, after lunch, I cleaned our bedroom.  I like to try to keep on my schedule, and the house stays neat and clean.  We went to a local restaurant for burgers, and shared a plate of fries.  We relaxed for a while, then around 8 pm hubby made a nice fire in the fire pit, and I put on a pot of coffee.  Our friends from next door came over, and we were out till 10 pm.

But at least I made it for Thursdays post!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Kathy! Blueberries sound so yummy! We have a problem with those pesky little ones ourselves. We are constantly catching groundhogs and relocating them. They like to dig big ole holes under our barn/shed. Hope you had a great evening with your friends. Hugs

Jeanne said...

That is a lot of blueberries! Are you going to make jam? I never liked picking blueberries because it seemed to take forever! That must be really annoying having those animals around all the time and digging holes! Sitting around a fire sounds really nice.

Lori said...

Blueberries are so good and so good for you. That sounds really good. Have a great evening.
http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Toni said...

Hi Kathy; I love blueberries and have them every day in either my oatmeal or protein drink. Do you make jam at all?
When I had my own home and land years ago we had the same problem with pests, only back then we had a different way of getting rid of them. Today I think differently. The traps are more humane.
Your ending day sounds so wonderful by the firepit and drinking my favorite drink. :)

Melanie said...

Sounds like you had a full day! We have squirrels but that's about it. They don't do damage - just chatter at me when I have the nerve to come out into my yard! I have a house cleaning schedule too. It makes it so much easier. Have a wonderful weekend.