Sunday, August 31, 2014

Saturday and Sunday

We just got back from a wonderful cookout, at our nephew Rob and his wonderful wife Becky!  I really can't say cookout, it was more a holiday dinner, just eaten outside!   I have to say, everytime we get together, we have feasts.  We may call it a cookout, but we seldom have hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill!

 We had eggplant Parmesan,  rigatoni with meatballs, chicken marsala, beef au jus, I made oven roasted parmesan potatoes, a homemade pumpkin cake, hubby made his stuffed mushrooms, there was fresh green beans, and a crostata dessert made by my sil.  Becky besides, all the entrees, also made a cherry cake,  her mom made a blueberry cake, her aunt made a cucumber and dill salad, a tossed salad, pizza, coffee, wine!  A feast, and it was wonderful!

We actually just came home about 15 minutes ago!  Time passes, when we are there, in the blink of an eye!  We always have such a wonderful time!

Yesterday, we went to a few yard sales.  Hubby got a few things for golfing, like some kind of scope to tell how far away from the hole the ball is.  I didn't find anything this time.  But I had lots of fun looking!

I can't believe it will be September tomorrow!  Fall will be arriving soon, it will be darker earlier and earlier!  Pumpkins, apples, scarecrows, pumpkin patches, crisp air!  Candy apples, fall colors, leaves changing!  I just love it!  

Time to take a bath, and relax with my Kindle!   Sorry about not visiting, I will be around tomorrow my friends!




5 comments:

Melanie said...

Your outdoor holiday dinner menu sounds wonderful, especially the pumpkin cake. We've had very few yard sales around here lately - I guess because it's been so hot. They'll pick up again shortly. I'm very excited for fall to get here too! Have a great day.

Lori said...

Hi Kathy!!! It sounds like you had a lot of fun at the cookout!! That is great.
I like fall, but summer is my favorite and I hate to see it go. I do not like the getting dark early thing at all.
Happy Labor Day!!!
http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Toni said...

Hi Kathy, I'm going to have to learn to eat a meal before visiting you. Your dinners/cookouts/barbecues make me hungry enough to eat again! LOL! Have a blessed Labor Day dear friend. :)

Kim said...

Hi, Kathy! Happy Labor Day! Wow, that does sound like a feast. I'm officially starving. lol I like your new planner! I'm a list person too. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Yummy, all the food sounds delicious! :) I really like eggplant parmesan. Have a lovely September!