I was honored with the Liebster Blog Award by Kori, at Just Another Mom! Thank you Kori!
Here is info about how this originated, and how it works.
From The Wording Well:
- This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)
- It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
- It can be misconstrued, depending upon your personal views, as either something wonderful (who doesn’t like awards?) or as an annoyance (a chain letter that involves work).
- The choice lies within each of us to ACCEPT it, and continue PAYING IT FORWARD or to refuse to accept it, thereby STOPPING or INTERRUPTING the chain. However, if you stop the chain, you are only hurting yourself (keep reading for benefits you will have)!
- Personal views play an important part in our choice to participate. Some people have refused to accept it and have made attempts to “break the chain”. There have been many people who have been nominated, yet refused to accept it, and now their blogs have been abandoned.
- Variations have been made over time to the “rules”.
- Marketing plays a role in accepting this award, as other bloggers are promoted. (This is not a bad thing, however, since people should help others!)
- Other awards are a part of the whole “meme“. These include “One Lovely Blog Award”, the “Sunshine Blog Award” and the “Versatile Writer Award”.
It is said that the Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
My 11 Random Facts:
- The only foreign country I have been in, is Canada.
- My favorite holiday is Christmas.
- I love Italian food, eating, and cooking it!
- I love to knit, crochet, needlework, and crafts.
- I love to cook and bake for my family.
- I love going to yard and garage sales.
- I have 3 sons, and one granddaughter.
- I love going to my prayer group on Wednesday nights.
- My husband and I love to make our own sausage, also we make wine for ourselves.
- I love to travel, by car.
- My favorite season is the Fall.
And the 11 questions that I was asked:
- Why did you start blogging? My sister actually talked me in to it years ago, and I thought it was a great way to make friends on the internet.
- Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate, most definitely!
- Do you drink coffee or tea? I actually love both, and usually have coffee in the morning and tea at night.
- What is your favorite season and why? Fall! I love the crisp air, the foods, the colors of the trees! I love decorating for the Fall, I love cooking Fall foods, like pumpkin pie!
- Do you have a favorite month of the year? December, I love Christmas!
- What is the first letter of your middle name? R for Rose
- Have you traveled outside of the United States? Only to Canada
- How long have you lived in your current city? since my hubby and I married, so 41 years!
- If you could play any instrument, what would it be? I would love to play the piano.
- Do you have a favorite author? When I was younger, I loved Louisa May Alcott. I have many favorites now.
- What’s your birthstone? My birthstone is a pearl.
My 11 questions for you are:
1. Do you like to dance?
2. Where would you love to live for the rest of your life?
3. What is your all time favorite movie?
4. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
5. Do you like to decorate?
6. What is your favorite food?
7 What is your favorite.. laptop, computer, or tablet?
8 Do you like to sing?
9. Do you dream? Or have nightmares?
10. Do you wish you had more time in a day?
11. Do you love to go to yard/garage sales?
.
The 5 blogs that I’m nominating are:
- Judy @ My Grateful Heart
- Toni@Town Village Notes
- Melanie @Joy In The Journey
- Marge@ Living Little and Loving It
- Lori @ Lori's Busy Life
I hope you all join in, and have fun!

5 comments:
I'm glad that you accepted this Kathy :) I think it's a great way to get to know each other a little bit more. For example, if I lived closer to you, I would be begging for Pumpkin Pie and sausage, lol. It's so neat to see that a lot of us like the Fall :)
I really enjoyed reading your random facts as well as your answers. Thank you for accepting and have a blessed rest of the day!
Thanks Kori! It was fun! I am honored you chose me! It is fun to really learn more about our blogging friends! My fav pie is pumpkin too, we share that. God Bless you my friend!
Hi Kathy! I didn't know you had nominated me...Kim did too, so I already did this today. I found out you'd also nominated me when I came to get your url since I was going to nominate you. lol!
I loved learning more about you. My favorite season is fall too. I'd love to share a pumpkin pie with you! That's why these type memes are so neat - we learn more about our friends. Have a blessed day Kathy. Hugs
Hi Kathy;
Enjoyed reading this and I thank you for nominating me but I'm not going to participate on this one. My mind can't think right now. Have a lovely day ahead my friend. Hugs
Thank you, Kathy for the nomination! I'm not sure if I'll be able to participate but I appreciate being thought of. I enjoyed your answers. So much fun!!
Post a Comment