Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Where Did That Pep Come From?

That is what I am saying to myself today!  It's now 1:45, and so far today, I cleaning the living room, the family room, the office, plus did my quick clean up of the two bathrooms, emptied the dishwasher, loaded from breakfast and lunch, wipe down the counters, and swept the floor!  I also just finished making 36 homemade applesauce muffins!  It smells so good in here!

I can't take all the chemical cleaners.  For a few years now, I have started cleaning with just white vinegar and water, and my home is wonderful.  I would get sick for days if I used any chemicals.  I find also that daily spraying and cleaning of the bathrooms works wonders in not having to use harsh chemicals.

I am going to play Unconscious Mutterings for this week.  I play whatever first pops into my head!

I say ... and you think ... ?
  1. Chocolate ::  I adore!
  2. Spike ::  in temperature
  3. Puppy ::  sweet
  4. Corner ::  cupboard
  5. Charcoal ::  drawing
  6. Game ::   NY  Yankees!
  7. 28 ::  and counting!
  8. Summit::  top
  9. Tuxedo ::  formal
  10. Winner :: and still champion

On the menu tonight:   I am going to make my breaded pork chops, fresh green beans with olive oil and garlic, and I might make a small side dish of risotto, with garlic and peas.

I am going to make a nice pot of coffee, and sit out in the gazebo, do my prayers, and relax!   I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

I found some of Judy's siggies in my files!  How thrilled am I!!!!   This is a Fall cutie!


4 comments:

Kori said...

Mmm, we had pork chops last night but on the grill.

Love that siggie too, Kathy. Very adorable!

Kim said...

Hi Kathy! I'm playing catch-up again. I'm never going to learn just to visit every day. lol I've been using water and vinegar as well. It works fantastic! I agree, it works great in the bathroom. Once the vinegar odor dissipates, the room smells really fresh. One thing, I tried that I didn't like was baking soda on the carpet. It totally clogged the filters in my vacuum and I had to buy all new filters. I enjoyed your unconscious muttering answers. Have a great day, you busy bee. :) Happy Wednesday!! Hugs (I'm off to catch up with the rest of your post)

Judy said...

Hi Kathy! I'm catching up again. I use organic cleaners, but would love to try vinegar & water. I've heard it's great. Wow! You were peppy! Lol! I get like that too - get hit by the cleaning bug, & can't seem to stop. Lol. I'll send you the siggies I've made for you. I'll put them in a zip folder. Have a blessed day Kathy. Hugs!

Melanie said...

I too have been thinking of alternatives to the harsh chemicals that I've used for cleaning. I'm not particularly allergic but I just don't think using all that stuff is necessary. Your pork chop dinner sounds delicious! Have a blessed day.