Friday, September 12, 2014

Catching Up

  I can't believe it is Friday already!  Time has flown by this week, and I seem to have not accomplished much!

Yesterday was the funeral for our friend's sister who passed away on Sunday at the age of 56!  She wasn't sick, and tests on her, showed it wasn't her heart!  So sad

Tomorrow we have a birthday party.  Little Magda will be 7!!  I am making meatballs, and also potato salad to bring to the party!  I was hoping we would be able to swim again, but the weather has definitely taken a Fall like turn!  Cool breeze outside today, but I am loving it!

I met my friend Lucy for breakfast this morning!  Good times.  She gave me a beautiful cherry wood antique corner table, two tiered!   My hubby, Sac, will give it a little work, and then we will find a good spot for it!  I love it!

Our grapes will also be ready... I think we all may be picking them on Sunday!  I will take some pics to show you, and to send to my Sofia, so she can see a family tradition!

Just a short entry today.  I have to run to the store for what I need to make for the party.  I also have to run for a birthday bag to put Magda's present in.




4 comments:

~Pam~ said...

Hi Kathy,
I am so sorry to hear about your friend's sister, that is very sad.
Have a great time at the birthday party tomorrow!!

Happy Friday to you.
xo

annie said...


I am so sorry about the loss of your sister's friend. Never easy.
The corner table sounds so nice. I love things like that and have been looking for one to hold plants for a while now.
Happy weekend!

Melanie said...

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your sister's friend. How healing to be able to celebrate a little one's birthday soon after though. Your corner table sounds just like the kind that I love to collect. I hope you post a photo when it's all ready to be displayed. Have a great weekend.

Judy said...

Kathy, how sad about your friend's sister. Loss is so hard. I know you'll be a comfort & support for your friend. It's wonderful that you have a happy occasion to celebrate in the middle of the sadness. I love birthday celebrations! Your corner table sounds lovely! Hope you're having a great Sunday. I'm looking forward to this week, & catching up! Hugs