Sunday, September 07, 2014

Relaxing Sunday!

  Happy Sunday!

It was nice and cool this morning!  We went to our usual 8 am Mass, then came home and made breakfast.  We had a visiting priest today and he was just wonderful, spoke all about forgiveness.  It really spoke to me, and in what I am going thru!  After breakfast, we went for our groceries.  I got everything put away.  Hubby is making dinner tonight, he wants wimpies.  My sil brought over more tomatoes.  I am debating with myself if I will do them today or tomorrow.

I am actually wanting to make gnocchis, and then freeze them for later.  I also have a crazy urge to make homemade bread!  I have a bread machine, but I want to make it the old fashioned way!  Does anyone have a bread recipe that they would love to share?

I hadn't felt like blogging, but I did feel like tweeking my blog!  I am loving how it looks now, and finally happy.  Now I want to tweek my Chatterbugs Homework, and I started working on my SWD page.  Not too happy with how either one looks.

Hubby is watching football in our room.  I do not like football, so I will find other things to do.  

We went to a few yard and estate sales yesterday.  I didn't find anything I liked. but hubby found a few tools at an estate sales, and was over the moon happy!  LOL

I wish I could find a good tutorial to teach me how to make headers out of pictures.  And even to work on making my blog more personal.  I will keep looking.  I have time today, since football will be hubby's focus today!

Another sweet Fall siggie from Judy!  Just love it!



9 comments:

Toni said...

Hi Kathy; I'm finally back online after 3 days of being away and computer problems. All is back to normal again. I'll try to catch up on all your news.

Looks fantasic in here and real Fall like. Did you get to see the tribute to Jeter yesterday on YES? It was great. I had DVR'rd it because I was away and watched it last night after I got home.

Have a great day ahead dear friend. Hugs

Melanie said...

Hi, Kathy. I enjoy making bread the old fashioned way too. I used to have a bread machine but really like the taste of the home made bread more. I use fotoflexer (http://fotoflexer.com) to make my headers. You can upload your photo, add borders (I like the photo corners) and text. That may be of some help to you. Have a great day.

Marge said...

Hi Kathy, Happy Monday. I love the smell of baking bread. That's the best smell ever. Cute siggie from Judy. Hugz!

Jules said...

Hi Kathy! We have a bread machine too but I have always wanted to try making it the old-fashioned way as well. What are wimpies? I don't think I have ever heard of them. Have a wonderful week! Hugs

Judy said...

Hi Kathy! I'm finally back after a not so fun past week. I'll explain tomorrow in my Tuesday post. I posted today though. I have missed reading about my friends lives. If you send me some family photos that you want to use for a header, I'd be happy to make you one Kathy. Just send the pics & any wording that you might want on it.

I love homemade bread! I have a bread machine too, but haven't ever made bread the good old fashioned way (unless it's sweet breads).

Hope you have a wonderful Monday Kathy. I'll get your fall siggie out to you later too. I'm a bit behind. Hugs

Susan said...

Hi Kathy, I have not made home made bread since I was first married. I wonder if I still have the recipe. I loved the smell of the yeast as the dough rises.It would be a fun project for the grands. Have a nice week. Hugs Oh, your blog looks really nice!

Liz said...

I forgot to add the syntax to the links. So sorry!
King's Arthur
Ciabatta
Header

Liz said...

How embarrassing! I guess it is too early for me to be on the pc. I also forgot to have those links open in a new page. I quit! :-) Is my face red?

Kathy said...

Liz, great site for the bread. Going to try the ciabbatta tomorrow!!