Tuesday, September 02, 2014

When It Rains...

 That old saying is certainly true... when it rains, it pours.  Car repairs galore!  It seems you start to get ahead, and it all comes crashing down!  And on top of $500 in repairs, we also need 4 new tires, so that will be another $450!  I am so upset.

Yesterday it was so hot and muggy here, it made me physically sick!  I had to put the ac on in our room and stay in there.  I barely got on the internet.  Only to actually find out how to try and clean files and stuff to make my laptop run better.

I also posted on my Simple Woman's Daybook, the link is above in the tabs!

Here is Toni's Tuesday 4 Meme.   



Labor Day Celebration Preferences

1. Holiday Shopping or Day at the Beach?  Neither.  We spend time together with our family.  

2.  Lounging by the pool, or picnic by the lake.   Well, we spent the day at our nephews, by the pool.

3.  Barbeque cookout or favorite restaurant?  A family cookout!

4.  Flea Market or Football Game.  Neither, I like to be relaxing with the family.

On the good side, I did get to go for my hair appointment before all this car mess!  I got a nice cut, she took about 2 inches off.  It now is a bit past my shoulders when its wet, but the curl brings it up higher.  I do like it a lot.

Since it is so hot and muggy again today, I thought I would use Judy's latest summer siggie!










4 comments:

Darylynn said...

Hi Kathy! I was glad we had a blog list on FB Chatterbugs so I could find you. Sorry about the car repairs and tires...spending $ on things like that is no fun at all! Glad you like your haircut! I rarely am happy with things "they" do to my hair. Guess I expect miracle workers! ;) (((Hugz)))

Melanie said...

I laughed at Darylynn's comment above. I never seem to like how my hair is done although the salon lady can make it look okay but I can't seem to recreate the process! So sorry to hear about your car expense! Hopefully, all these repairs and tires will last you quite awhile.

Liz said...

I am sorry about the car repairs. It is crushing when the car needs big repairs. We experienced just that last year. I was shocked at the labor charges! The parts needed for the repairs were a fraction of the cost of labor.
I can't wait for cooler weather. It is so hot and muggy here also and will be for a few more months. UGH!
I hope today's weather brings some relief in your area and your car won't need any more repairs for a looooooooooong time. :)

annie said...

Hi Kathy,
I am so happy you joined in the meme. Its fun to get to know everyone better.
Cars can be so expensive. The labor costs are killer.