Friday, October 10, 2014

Catching Up

 Happy Friday everyone!  It's been a hectic week, appointments, issues, running here and there, and so my cleaning routine has gone out the door.  I used to do all my cleaning in one day when I worked, usually one of my days off.  But, as I get older, I found it getting harder and harder to do it all in one day!  Now that I am retired, I designated certain days for certain tasks, and it has worked out beautifully, unless I had a week like this one.  So today, I am playing catch up, but since it's such a gorgeous, crispy Fall day, I am enjoying outside too.  I swept up the leaves in the front of the house and put them into our compost pile.  Every one in a while, I sneak outside!  LOL

We just finished lunch, and I cleaned up from that.  Today I made tuna salad sandwiches on toast.  Also, some leftover roasted potatoes warmed up that were from the other day.  Some people don't like leftovers, but we do.  I sometimes make them into something else, so, good two times!  LOL!

The state police still haven't captured the sniper.  Please keep this situation in your prayers, it is almost a month now.  Thank you

We are also thankful for answers to prayer for our middle son.  He has been working in maintenance 
in our local school district for 5 years, part time.  No benefits, no insurance.  He finally got notified he got full time on Wednesday, we are so grateful!  We have been storming the heavens for him.

OK,  break time is over for me, I need to finish up in the house.  Hubby hasn't found where he stashed the Fall decorations, so I am armed with a Michaels, and a Hobby Lobby coupons, and later I will go pick something up for our buffet.

Another precious siggie from Judy!  





6 comments:

Toni said...

Hi Kathy; Isn't it true that once you retire you find you have less time to just hang around. THe past two days have been beautiful and I was out early in the morning running around with my sister.
I too love using leftovers to create other dishes. Never wasted any food in my family. Sometimes they taste better the second time around.
Have a lovely weekend my friend. Hugs

Melanie said...

I've just started cleaning one room a day too and am loving it. So much easier! Have a great weekend.

Marge said...

Hi Kathy, Cleaning? haven't you heard that is not a good hobby for you? There's so much other fun stuff to do!

Halloween has been ca'd in PA city. Is that You? Feel sorry for the kids. Hope they catch him soon! Happy w/e.

Susan said...

Hi Kathy, we like to eat left over too. Well hubby and I do. Being retired is great, but I don't always manage my time the way I should. If I could get off of FB, I would do so much better. I go enjoy blogging. Have a Happy Sunday! Hugs

annie said...

Hi Kathy,
I enjoy left overs sometimes more than the first time!
I loved fried potatoes made from left over baked or boiled potatoes, or meat made into hash etc.
So glad your son is now full time!

Kim said...

Hi Kathy! Oh, Tuna Salad sounds so good. There's nothing like a good tuna salad sandwich. :) I'm so happy to read that your son got promoted to full time! That's wonderful. Prayers are sent that they catch the sniper soon. What a scary situation and a very sad one. The world is full of angry and mad people. :( Have a great Monday!