Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Feeling Blessed

  Yes, I am feeling blessed today!  I heard from my dear online friend Judy!  Thank God, she is doing well, tests are coming back normal, and she is feeling 100%!!  God is so good and hears our prayers!  

It's cool and raining off and on today!  Still feeling blessed for the weather, I am getting my Tuesday chores done, and with pacing myself, I am getting more accomplished as well!  I am trusting the Lord for all things, giving Him my whole day!  I am waiting for hubby to come in from the garage.  He is painting shelves he made for above the freezer.  I asked him to help me put up new curtains in the sunroom.  

Tonight I am making chicken scampi, and I took out some green beans that I processed and froze from the farmers market.  I will make them with garlic and olive oil.  Yesterday, late in the day, I made a homemade apple cake, so easy, and we will have that for dessert.  Now that I am retired, I find making anything, from cakes, etc, homemade actually takes no time, and is so much better for us!  Not that having cake all the time is so good, but I mean doing it all, homemade without mixes, is better.  I am also making my own spice mixtures, and I can't believe the difference!

It's Tuesday, and that means time for Toni's meme!  Click on this link to also play along!



1. Yesterday,  I made a homemade apple cake, which came out so delicious!  It just reminded me of what I love about Fall!  I am making another today, and I am going to cut in half, and freeze for quick treats when we have our coffee!

2. Giving of my time, without complaining.  I am learning what blessings this brings to me!

3.  When I help others, I feel so good!  

4.  Never  give up!  I always offer my day to the Lord, and He shows me what I can accomplish thru His help!

Thank you Toni!  I liked this and it made me think!   My scarecrow siggie is from Judy!  

Have a wonderful day my friends!








4 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Kathy, yes it is nice to hear that Judy is back online. Your dinner sounds yummy! Want to share your recipe for the apple cake?
Have a great week!

Toni said...

Hi Kathy; Been under the weather trhe past 2 days but I'm feeling a little better. Loved reading your post. And bI can almost taste all the delicious foods you made especially the apple cake. ;-}
Great answers on the T4M. I was so glad to hear that Judy is doing well, thank The Lord. Have a blessed day ahead my friend. Hugs

Jules said...

Hi Kathy, I make most of my baked goods (unless I am in a pinch) from scratch, so I know exactly what you mean! It does taste so much better! Apple cake sounds so good right now! I haven't had breakfast yet today, so I am hungry to begin with. :) I too am glad to hear back from Judy and that's she's doing much better. Have a wonderful day! Hugs

Melanie said...

I do enjoy being retired too. I've always been a home body and so I have more time to do things around here. Have a blessed day.