We went out for pizza with our good friends, who live next door. My husband has been over there everyday, from 8 am to 4, helping with a room addition, now a shed/garage. There has been lots of other things they have been doing, and this has been going on since August, maybe even July!
Anyway, once in a while, they take us out to a dinner, or pizza to thank my husband for his help. Last night it was pizza. I hadn't seen E. in a few days. So I asked what she had done yesterday. She snapped back..." I decided I wasn't joining the world today, and stayed in bed sleeping". She said she slept for 18 hrs straight! She wasn't sick or anything. Sometimes, she doesn't like, making pots of coffee, making lunch for the guys, etc!! That is her response, she stays in bed!!
I was shocked! Whenever we had done remodeling here, I am always brewing pots of coffee, making pitchers of ice tea and lemonade, lunches, baking cakes for them to go with coffee, and even making dinner for everyone. I would never, ever, think of "not joining the world"!
Of course, when I mentioned it to my husband last night, he jumped all over me, saying I shouldn't be judgmental!!! His friend, E's husband, can do no wrong in his eyes, so I guess she is the same! I would never do anything like that, and I wasn't being judgmental, but ... oh well. I had to get that off my chest, and I feel better now!
Thanks for listening!
Here is a siggie that Kim made! Thank you Kim!

4 comments:
Happy Saturday Kathy!
I totally agree with you. Your friend E has a problem for it isn't normal to sleep all day like that. It could be a health issue with her. Keep her in prayer my friend. Have a blessed day ahead. Hugs
I agree with you Kathy. As for me, I think life is too short & too precious to have a attitude of 'not joining the world'. So many would give anything to be able to join in, & they can't. Wow - sleeping for 18 hours straight! Crazy! I agree with Toni too...she needs prayers. You sound like you are so loving & so giving - always putting others first. I bet they love the care you put into meals, ect.
And speaking of prayers, thank you so much for yours!
I left a tag on your homework blog. Loved it! I really enjoyed this assignment. Hugs
I couldn't even begin to imagine what it would be like to sleep for 18 hours! Hopefully your friend felt better the next day! Have a great Sunday.
Sounds like depression,doesn't it?
I don't think you were judging, just observing and remarking.
I know we all bounce things off others to get more perspective on what is going on.
Post a Comment