Ever since I was a little kid, Christmas trees have been magical to me! I honestly, even now, can sit contently in front of it, wrapped in a blanket and be totally at peace! With a book, a cup of coffee, or hot cocoa, listening to Christmas songs, with my hubby, our sons, it's the best joy I can ask for!
Now our boys are grown, but hubby and I can still sit and stare at our tree contently. No need of anything, but the peace of the season. The birth of our dear Savior! How blessed are we!
Right now, I am doing laundry, and working on my blog post. Hubby is puttering around, working on the downstairs decorations, and he has the Christmas channel playing songs on the tv! I just can't explain how happy I am! This is the first year I am retired, and I am able to enjoy each day, each holiday, in contentment, not rushed, and at our own pace.
Later we will go to Maines Food, to see if they have a nice pork loin. We are having our family dinner on the 21st, because we will be leaving for Florida after the New Year. We want to make our stuffed loin, stuffed with prosciutto and spinach. We will be cooking for 26. Fun times! My sil will have us for Christmas Eve, and her family dinner for us all on Christmas. Our traditions! LOL. I just love us all getting together!
Dear Judy, sent me so many Christmas siggies that she made for me! I lost all of mine when my tower computer crashed. I can't thank her enough for supplying me with these again!

5 comments:
Hi Kathy, Your truly sound contented and isn't that the best gift of all. Merry Christmas. Hugz!
My family(36) is getting together on the 21st too. Then my immediate family gets together on Christmas day.
I love Christmas trees too. I've had ones with all white lights and this year, with multi colored ones. They're all beautiful!
I'm glad Judy was able to get your siggies to you again. They certainly are cute!
It sounds wonderful Kathy.
26! Wow. Lots of cooking!
Have a lovely weekend.
I love Christmas trees so much too! We have our big tree in the living room, a small 4 foot tree in the dining room, a tree in my bedroom and even Shawn has a small tree in his bedroom. Can't forget the real tree Michael puts up (and decorates) in our front yard too. LOL
Post a Comment