Monday, March 23, 2015

Comfort Food

Winter just doesn't want to give up!  So, I decided to make a "comfort food" dinner!  On the menu for tonight:  my meatloaf, garlic mashed potatoes, sauteed green beans with garlic and lemon, (these are from our trip to farmer's market in the fall), and for dessert... chocolate cake with peanut butter icing, my family's favorites!!

I always feel better when I can enjoy comfort food.  Cooking and baking makes me feel better.  A dinner like this, brings everyone together.  We bought tons of Italian green beans at the farmers market.  I blanched then, then processed in our food saver and froze them.  Can I tell you, I love this food saver!

Other than that, I am doing laundry, some cleaning, and this morning we ran to buy a bridal shower gift.  I have the shower Sunday.  I am looking forward to that.  And to top it... it is Palm Sunday!  Easter really is early this year!


No comments: