I am thinking..... How good it is to be retired! I am enjoying retirement to the fullest. When I talk to my friends from where I worked, and they ask me if I am bored, I have to laugh! Never!
I am thankful for... The rain we got today. Although we are getting severe thunderstorms and heavy rain, and have been in tornado warnings, we do need the rain very much! The skies are still black and rain and lightening are still going strong!
I am remembering... the scary night we had last night! We were enjoying a cold watermelon in the gazebo. Hubby went to toss the rinds in our compost pile. Yellow jackets have made a nest near there where he has some leaves mulching. He must have angered them, we didn't know they were there. Long story, he was attacked and was bitten about 15 times before he got into the house! We ended up knocking about 8 more off him and killing them! They were in his hair even!
On my mind... What to make for dinner tomorrow! I want to do something in my crockpot, so I can keep the kitchen cool!
I am wearing... Green khaki capris, and a print top, with flip flops.
I am creating... Nothing crafty, but I find I am getting itchy to knit again!
I am hoping... We can get rids of the yellow jackets that seem to be infesting our back yard this year!
I am hearing.... Thunder, sirens, rain and seeing lots of lightening. This has been going on for several hours!
Around the house.... Dinner is over, cleaned up, and we are just relaxing. I will make a pot of coffee for us later.
One of my favorite things.. Sitting around the firepit with our coffee at night. We won't be able to enjoy it outside tonight! 😕
A few plans for the week... taking our car to get the ac charged tomorrow morning. I will meet some girlfriends tomorrow for lunch at 1pm. My rosary prayer group is Wednesday night. I will be making my homemade gnocchi tomorrow, for dinner for us on Thursday night. No other plans, we will play it by ear.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
Found this in my files. This was a garden center we visited while on vacation in NC
2 comments:
Oh my, scary yellow jackets! I hope your husband is okay. I would freak out if that was me. I'm glad you got your rain. I love a good rain although the lightening and thunder makes me have to turn off the ac while it's going on since I've had the unit hit in the past with lightening. I hope you are having a great week!
Oh my Kathy; hope your hubby is doing alright and hopefully he isn't allergic. Thank goodness I haven't seen any here the past two years. We too had thunderstorms, heavy rain on Monday. I don't mind that but I hate the heat and humidity we are having. I'm looking forward to Fall already! LOL! Have a lovely day ahead dear friend. Hugs
Post a Comment