Monday, January 02, 2017

Happy New Year!

I wish all my family and friends a Blessed and Happy New Year!  Imagine, 2017!!  When I was a kid, and we watched the Jetsons, well, the year 2000 looked like we would be flying around in spaceships!  Some things are almost like the Jetsons vision...  I can call my granddaughter on Facetime, and talk with her face to face!!

Even in school, my girlfriends and I would draw modern houses we thought we would be building in the future!  When I think back on the year 1951, (my birth year)  I would never imagine how far we would be progressed in my old age!

We are waiting for our new (to us) car to be ready, then we can head off to Florida!  I am so anxious to spend time with our grandaughter!  See our son and daughter in law!  Its hard to be away from them.  Its been a rough year, and we do need a break.  We also want to visit my sister and her family in Raleigh, NC.  More likely for the drive back home, because we will be carrying homemade cappelletti, ravioli, and other frozen things we made for our son.  I am just beside myself waiting to go.

We have been getting all the things done around the house we normally get done for our two sons here.  Changing smoke alarm batteries, vacuuming out the dryer vents, etc.

I will pack tomorrow most of what we are taking as far as our summer clothes, the rest will be a quick stash when the car is ready.

Our son Mike, his girl Kristin, and son Sandy bought us a beautiful new laptop for Christmas!  I am getting used to the new Windows format, but we are loving it!!  So clean, so fast!!  Mike got everything transferred from the old laptops we used, so we are set with the laptop as well!

So cold here today, I made a big pot of beef stew, Italian bread, and Ciambollone for dessert.  We are just relaxing tonight, and hubby is watching the Penn State game.

4 comments:

Toni said...

Hi Kathy by now you must be finished packing for your trip. Have a wonderful time with your family and congratulations on your new laptop. Have a day of blessings my friend.

Susan said...

Hi Kathy, I am glad you got a new laptop to play with. I just posted my One Word at my blog. Technology has advanced so much is our lifetime. Most for good. Have a great time with your family and don't forget to blog! Hugs

Lori said...

That is so exciting you are getting a new car and taking a trip also!!! I am so excited for you! Have a great time! Happy New Year!
http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Margie (and Fae) said...

I wish you included time to visit us.