Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Trains and Planes and Boats





Welcome to Tuesday 4 in honor of the memory of Toni Taddeo!
 Today.s subject was inspired by Elena Leno, Toni's daughter. Toni and I shared a love of many
things including Agatha Christie, upstate NY and trains, trains and more trains!
 

So.. Let's talk about Trains, Planes and Boats this week.
The Orient Express was a long-distance passenger train service created in 1883 by Compagnie Internationale des Wagons-Lits. Fares range from
£2,200 per person for a Venice to London journey, up to £40,000 for a Grand Suite on the Istanbul journey.


1. Do you enjoy riding on trains, planes or boats? Got a tale to tell us?   I like trains and planes, but on boats I get terribly seasick!
  2. The Orient Express is super luxurious with 5 star accommodations including real bedrooms, cocktail bars, etc.
  It stops along a route that includes, London, Paris, Berlin, 
Bucharest, Venice, Paris, Prague and Istanbul.
Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express is set on the train. 
 You can choose your itinerary from the lists their site offers.  Of the places shown here, which cities interest you the most and why? I would love to visit them all if I were able to.  We love to travel.  It’s always pleasant to dream tho, right!

3. Do you think you would enjoy a cruise? Where would you go?  No, I am not a fan of cruises.

4. Given the time and the choice and money being no object will you travel to Europe via plane or luxury liner? If I were able...by plane.  Then a nice train ride..luxury of course, thru Europe.

6 comments:

Annie said...

It is pleasant to dream for sure. I am not a fan of the big mega ships of today. I too would love to take a train through Europe. What fun it would be.

Susan said...

Hubby and I do fine on cruises and want to do another one someday. My friends and I took the Amtrack to Mission San Juan Capistrano and we had a fun time. Hopefully things will get back to normal in the future!

Lori said...

I am afraid to go on a cruise for the same reason, I fear I would get sick.
I am with you on #4! Fly there, the train ride to places. I love trains. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

HappyK said...

I went on a cruise once and must say I didn't care for it. There was so much food all through the day!!!
Trains I like. My husband has a scale model HO train layout that takes up our whole basement!!

Wynne said...

Hi Kathy,

I must start doing these memes, too. I love that Toni's is still around, I miss that lady!

I've never been on a train before, but would love to. Never been on a cruise, that doesn't interest me. Have a lovely Friday and weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

Do you have a linkie? I'll search around and see. ((Hugs))

Wynne's Warbles said...

Happy Saturday and first day of Spring, Kathy 🤗

Just popping in to let you know that I started up a new Blogger blog thing heehee 😆

https://wynnes-warbles.blogspot.com/

Definitely needs refining, but I’m learning as I go lol.