Saturday, September 24, 2022

A Little Bit of Everything

Happy Saturday!  A cold start this morning...39 degrees!  It will warm up this afternooon, but I do love these Fall days, makes me feel warm and cozy in our home!  

I have been looking over my recipes for crockpot.. stews and soups, roasts, apple cakes, pumpkin recipes.  I do like tossing ingredients in the crockpot in the morning, and soon the house is filled with delicious aromas!  Last night I made my apple cake for my hubby for today...he has an annual gathering of friends.  The guys used to play baseball, and they call them The 29ers!  They have a cookout and now just get together, since they are all in their 70's!  But I think its great they have been meeting for years!

We love making a thermos of hot coffee, and some sandwiches, and take a ride to one of our local lakes for lunch on Fall days.  Here is one place we love called Prompton Dam.


So relaxing and peaceful!  I am wondering if the colors will come out much this year, we have had such terrible weather.  We also love making hot cocoa in the thermos in late Fall and taking longs rides looking at the beautiful scenery!  I am thankful that we live in an area that we have four seasons!  I don't think I would like always hot weather

I found this picture, I forgot hubby took of this gorgeous butterfly in our yard this summer!  


When we all were blogging years ago, we had some blogging friends who designed graphics for our blogs.  I found some in my laptop, they are all mixed up, so I don't know who to give credit too.  I thought I would use them here for signing off.

Have a wonderful day!







1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

Hello! I am so happy to visit here today! It seems we are very similar in our love of fall and cozy. And our Catholic faith. Have a cozy day, and I look forward to visiting your lovely blog often!