Saturday, October 01, 2022

October Already!

 September just flew by!   It seems the older I am getting, the faster time is passing.  Isn't that funny, when I was a kid, a day took forever to pass, and a year...well even longer!   

We are expecting winds and rain from this hurricane/tropical storm.  Today is a good day just to catch up on things inside.  I may do another batch of cinnamon hazelnut biscotti!  So easy and delicious!  I also think I will make a pot of chicken soup. 

I found a recipe online somewhere, an easy peach Jam using canned peaches in heavy syrup.  I might give it a try later today!  It also uses some sugar, but I think I will try eliminating that, since its in heavy syrup.  

Here is our beautiful granddaughter Sofia.  This was taking last year at their home in Florida.  My son Chris, Sofia and I went for breakfast.  She LOVES french toast, as you can tell from the smile on her face!


She actually finished all of them!  She probably could have eaten more!  She is 11 years old!  I can't believe how fast she has grown.  Such a wonderful, good hearted, loving girl!  We are blessed.

I am laughing, my IRobot, (which I named Rosey)  is running,  She starts every other day at 10 am.  My son complains all the while that she makes too much noise.  She is a lifesaver as far as I am concerned, and she does a great job without complaining.  



3 comments:

Melanie said...

My son and daughter in law have an iRobot and when I stayed at their house to cat sit for a week, I got to play with it. It is amazing! The cats are very leery of it though. I hope your peach jam turns out good. I agree, with the heavy syrup, you probably don't need any more sugar. I hope all goes well with you regarding Ian. Have a lovely weekend.

Susan said...

Sofia looks so happy. I agree about time going by way to fast now!

Billie Jo said...

Hello! Yes! Time was much slower when I was sitting in Geometry class! Now it flies. Sofia is precious, and I also love French Toast! Have a cozy evening, my friend.